Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Lift and wheels Pricing

Old 03-13-2019, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift and wheels Pricing

Looking to install this below at a local shop. New to the Jeep life and not sure in the quality and pricing. Any feedback would be helpful.

JK 4 Inch Packageonly $2999
  • Rough Country 4” Suspension Lift with Performance 2.2 Shocks (Upgrade to 4”
    X-Series (with X-Flex Control Arms) Lift
    Kit for $700)
  • Pro Comp Tires 35 x 12.50 (choose M/T
    or A/T)
  • Choice of Pro Comp Wheels, lug nuts,
    and center caps
  • Performance 2.2 Steering stabilizer
  • Add RR HD Steering for $199 -or- ORO
    U-Turn steering Upgrade for $599
  • Mount/Balance and Installation included

Replacement driveshaft(s) additional
    if required
Old 03-13-2019, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

I'll chime in first... Recommend you read through these two threads before you purchase.

1. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/my-thoughts-lifts-288269/

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...bie-has-18617/

No need for a 4" lift with 35 inch tires. When you get to 4" of lift, you run into steering geometry issues that require more that what I suspect that kit will come with.

I'll end saying that if you're new to the jeeping world, you should run what ya got for a while. Get used to what the vehicle can and can't do... then make a decision based on YOUR experience rather than others.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
I'll chime in first... Recommend you read through these two threads before you purchase.

1. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/my-thoughts-lifts-288269/

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...bie-has-18617/

No need for a 4" lift with 35 inch tires. When you get to 4" of lift, you run into steering geometry issues that require more that what I suspect that kit will come with.

I'll end saying that if you're new to the jeeping world, you should run what ya got for a while. Get used to what the vehicle can and can't do... then make a decision based on YOUR experience rather than others.
Thanks for the input. Those forums are great!

A little background. I'm an starting a cross country road trip in two weeks from Florida to California in my RV towing my jeep. We're planning through Colorado andUtah and stopping in MOAB. We want to maximize the trails we can hit. Right now im running everything stock on a 2017 JK Sahara.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Novakja1452
A little background. I'm an starting a cross country road trip in two weeks .
Plenty of people drive stock Jeeps in Moab, lots of fun and excitement to be found.

Then when you get back, spend a month doing research on lifts, and gears, and driveshafts, (and all of the other inter-related problems you will want to address), before coming to a purchase decision. Just a suggestion of course, but do NOT let the guy at the sales counter talk you into a big 'ole lift simply because of the low, low price tag. If you feel that you need to go that tall, spend the time to read and get feedback. Figure out what is right for you, rather than paying to replace parts two or three times to end up with something you can be happy with...
Old 03-13-2019, 06:21 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by Novakja1452
Thanks for the input. Those forums are great!

A little background. I'm an starting a cross country road trip in two weeks from Florida to California in my RV towing my jeep. We're planning through Colorado andUtah and stopping in MOAB. We want to maximize the trails we can hit. Right now im running everything stock on a 2017 JK Sahara.
Trying to rush this decision based on this trip, is going to lead to A LOT of aggravation for you not too far down the road. Unless throwing the money at it is nothing to you, then I'd suggest take your time, research, and do it right. I'd agree.....you can do a TON of stuff in Colorado and Moab in a non-lifted jeep even. In fact, the most beautiful parts don't require much at all.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:49 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Just me personally, I would try not put on any thing new then head off on a road trip without having tested it out for some time locally around the home area, if you want to enjoy the trails, you would have a better time going stock than having a add on related break down
Old 03-14-2019, 07:06 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

If your trip brings you through Reno and you have an extra day stop in and I will set you up. You can PM me if you are interested. I would recommend a metal cloak kit in the 2.5" range. I would also run away from that RC 4" lift as it is incomplete and you will be back to the shop doubling what you initially spent on the set up to get it to ride good.

What gearing do you have in your 2017? IF you have 3.21 gearing should be looked at if going to 35" tires.
The following users liked this post:
jadmt (10-27-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 07:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
If your trip brings you through Reno and you have an extra day stop in and I will set you up..
If you are NOT going through Reno, you should work that in to your trip and take Dirtman up on this offer, cux you will not find as good an opportunity as that to get this done right the first time and just be set.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

This! .... EXACTLY this!!! ^^^^^
Old 03-14-2019, 11:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Well there ya go, Florida straight through to California, a day at the shop, then hit Moab and some Colorado trails on the way home. Not just build advice, we're travel agents as well...

Quick Reply: Lift and wheels Pricing