Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Portable air compressor recomendations

Old 03-26-2019, 08:26 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

I had a CO2 tank for a planted fish tank years ago. I only had to fill it up about once a year, and it was a pain in the ass for me to take it somewhere, which in my case was a paint ball shop 30 minutes from home. OBA is there 100% of the time I need it, and doesn't require much space at all. Can't run tools on my set up, but perfectly fine with that. It gets used all the time. Have even helped a few people on the side of the road. My hand tools haven't let me down offroad yet btw.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Portable air compressor recomendations

Tank size addresss volume before compressor kicks in, and yes it matters. Sand blasting really works a compressor, and will run a compressor hard, causing heat and moisture buildup.

Old 08-31-2019, 03:05 PM
JK Newbie

I just picked up the ARB CKMA12 single compressor. I am not sure where to connect the Red-Yel Ignition & Blu-Wht to dash illumination.
Where in the fuse box are these two connections located? Any help would be appreciated as i am new to the Jeep world!!
Thanks!
Old 09-01-2019, 08:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Blanco562
I just picked up the ARB CKMA12 single compressor. I am not sure where to connect the Red-Yel Ignition & Blu-Wht to dash illumination.
Where in the fuse box are these two connections located? Any help would be appreciated as i am new to the Jeep world!!
Thanks!
I don't think that I connected either of them on mine..... Ignition switching will just make it so that you can't use it unless the jeep is on (which I didn't want) and the dash illumination will just dim the light to match the interior level (which I didn't want). You would connect the Blue and White to somewhere in the footwell by tapping in to the existing harness, which I don't recall and which isn't in the fuse box, and you could connect the ignition one to one of the ignition switched fuses in the fuse box, my first thought would be the rear power outlet.
The following users liked this post:
Blanco562 (09-02-2019)
Old 09-02-2019, 08:39 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. I really don't it to turn on only with the ignition. If there was a way to run it without the jeep turned on, that would be better.

Quick Reply: Portable air compressor recomendations