Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Pulling out

Old 05-25-2008, 02:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah yeah laugh at the title, atleast its good when you click on it. hehe But if i have a tow strap can i snatch a bit with it? like not really rough but just a bit?
Old 05-25-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
The title of this thread is some what misleading. And that is all I am going to say about that.
Just as dangerous IMO.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JpMan
Just as dangerous IMO.
Thats the problem i don't know what type it is, long story but i got it so i dont know what tyoe is it, but i know its for 3.5tons. So how can i tell?
Old 05-27-2008, 05:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Robar
The title of this thread is some what misleading. And that is all I am going to say about that.
I'm glad somebody else noticed it.

Anyway, not to highjack, but more in the lines of adding to the conversation, these new synthetic winch straps......do they really NOT store energy like the companies claim? I just cannot see how that would work. Would certainly be a lot safer pulling with something like that if it's true. Any particular one yall recommend?
Old 06-01-2008, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

x2 on keeping any interested spectators at least two or three strap lengths away from a strap (or cable) under tension.

Nothing can ruin a day on the trails more than a human-sized weed-whacker!
Old 06-01-2008, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

syth line just drop when cut under load even floats in water minus the end with the hook

as far as straps go check your strap before every use and everytime you clean it

you should clean your strap after every trip you use it on

not by just spraying it verticle but horizontally with the strap to keep the dirt from getting farther inside the strap

if the strap is only 2" wide I would not jurk anyone very hard with it

3" strap can take alittle more abuse but it never wise to get a running start

if you got to yank someone so hard you are have to back up 5' or more use a winch or get someone else to tie onto the stuck vechicle and pull in a v shape if possible

or attach to you and pull in a straight line
Old 06-01-2008, 08:44 PM
JK Super Freak

i guess im in the wrong place thought the thread name meant something else
Old 06-01-2008, 09:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Q8
Yeah yeah laugh at the title, atleast its good when you click on it. hehe But if i have a tow strap can i snatch a bit with it? like not really rough but just a bit?
So let me get this straight... you are being rough with the snatch and then pulling out??
Old 06-02-2008, 02:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by muddpuppy01
syth line just drop when cut under load even floats in water minus the end with the hook

as far as straps go check your strap before every use and everytime you clean it

you should clean your strap after every trip you use it on

not by just spraying it verticle but horizontally with the strap to keep the dirt from getting farther inside the strap

if the strap is only 2" wide I would not jurk anyone very hard with it

3" strap can take alittle more abuse but it never wise to get a running start

if you got to yank someone so hard you are have to back up 5' or more use a winch or get someone else to tie onto the stuck vechicle and pull in a v shape if possible

or attach to you and pull in a straight line
Thanks i have seen the straight line pulling before when my nephew (tj) was trying to pull out a guy from mud but the strap was too short so he was also in the mud and the tires where spinning, then a yukon attached a strap to the tj and yanked them real hard, you could see the kid didnt know what he was doing, because he was letting the strap sit and crawl under his car and then full speed in reverse, thats when my nephew ran out of his jeep and said he is not going to continue since the yank was so hard. Thats why i asked if its bad for the vehicles to be yanked. my strap is 3inch in width so that means a bit of a yank could be applied. thanks
Old 06-02-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pulling out???? I would rather have it in deep.

Last edited by jkkat; 06-02-2008 at 06:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Pulling out