Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Recovery Equip

Old 02-21-2008, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recovery Equip

I am currently looking for a Recovery Equipment kit .... with snatch block, d rings, rope, etc etc....

Anyone have any recommendations on what all is good to have(i am new at this), and is there a kit out there with everything in it ,,,,, and I am wanting to hit the trails soon as I get my DX bumper, winch, and rock rails installed

thanks
Old 02-21-2008, 10:38 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the link. I will check into about picking one of those kits up.

Yeah I dont wanna wait but I know ill get stuck a time or two at least lol, since im new, just wanna go prepared to get out lol

the thing that kind of sucks is I dont have lockers or lim slip ........ just 4wdLow and winch lol
Old 02-21-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Search yahoo or google for black rat recovery gear they make a real nice complete kit or arb and warn also have kits available.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

As others have mentioned... don't wait! Get out there and meet some people and go off-roading! It's a great time, just don't forget the necessities!

1. Recovery Strap
2. Camera
3. Drinks
4. Snacks

As long as you have friends, that's really all you need. That's all I had when I first went out. With at least two other Jeeps with you.. the group is unstoppable. And when you get stuck.. Let the party start! There is no better way to get to know your Jeep and what mods you want than to take it out stock.

Have fun!
Old 05-25-2008, 03:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

My list when I know recovery is definitely probable:

Proper Tow Points (read frame mounted)
Recovery Strap
Gloves
Boots (more for the sticky stuff)
Hi Lift (Sometimes you can't winch out without ripping something off)
First Aid Kit
Food and Drink

My list is a lot bigger for long trail runs.. but, that'd get you a good day of wheeling in where it's probable you're going to need to get unstuck.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems i carry alot
bag to put it all in at the end weights in at 80lbs
10ft of 3/8 grade 8 chain one 6ft section the other 4ft
base plate for hi-lift extreme
"jaw" for hilift extreme
30ft recover strap
15ft double loop strap
6ft tree strap
gloves
5000lb cargo strap
snatch block
remote for winch
bolt cutters double as branch shears
small combat shovel
2 large utility cleavases
4 cleavases that are usually on my jeep rattling for off road

not in bag
shovel spade type 4ft
hi lift jack extreme
Old 05-26-2008, 06:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RubyDoo is more the extreame end of ready to go trail rig but when you get stuck or worse yet break, She is the rig ready to help. High lift and base, 30' strap, 15' strap, 6' tree strap, winch, 5 recovery points (2 front, 3 rear), 8 clevises, 2 snatch blocks, 20' chain, 10' chain, 2-4' chain, 2-2' chain, chain saw (14" bar Stihl), gas and oil and stuff for saw, axe, machettee, bow saw, 18" tool box full of hand tools, 175 piece wrench and socket set, 12V cordless and attachments, shovel, toiletries for boys and girls, first aid kit, oil, PS fluid, brake fluid, 2 contailers of differant nut, bolts and attachment stuff, 4 ratchet straps, 4 point lug wrench, fire starter blocks, 3 tri leg chairs, bag of extra food, cooler with drinks. I am sure there is more in there that i have not thaught of yet and all this stuff is always in RubyDoo.

Kat
Old 05-26-2008, 09:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkkat
RubyDoo is more the extreame end of ready to go trail rig but when you get stuck or worse yet break, She is the rig ready to help. High lift and base, 30' strap, 15' strap, 6' tree strap, winch, 5 recovery points (2 front, 3 rear), 8 clevises, 2 snatch blocks, 20' chain, 10' chain, 2-4' chain, 2-2' chain, chain saw (14" bar Stihl), gas and oil and stuff for saw, axe, machettee, bow saw, 18" tool box full of hand tools, 175 piece wrench and socket set, 12V cordless and attachments, shovel, toiletries for boys and girls, first aid kit, oil, PS fluid, brake fluid, 2 contailers of differant nut, bolts and attachment stuff, 4 ratchet straps, 4 point lug wrench, fire starter blocks, 3 tri leg chairs, bag of extra food, cooler with drinks. I am sure there is more in there that i have not thaught of yet and all this stuff is always in RubyDoo.

Kat
Dang... I have a couple tow hooks, a 30' recovery strap, a first aid kit, a flashlight, an ice scraper, and a pocket knife. Oh, and some moist towelettes in the glove box.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a good write up WOL has on Project-JK

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-access...ear-essentials

Old 06-05-2008, 07:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Here is a good write up WOL has on Project-JK

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-access...ear-essentials

That is a nice kit I think im going to have to get it. I really like the quality of the straps. And the way the bag keeps everything organized.

Quick Reply: Recovery Equip