Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Recovery Gear

Old 04-18-2011, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recovery Gear

Going to buy hi-lift jack. Need help figuring out what accessories I need to use it as a winch. Saw hi lift sells a recovery kit. Should I upgrade to ARB snatch strap (24,000lbs/30ft) and ARB tree trunk protector (3" x 10' 24,000lbs). Not sure exactly what to buy. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

While a snatch strap is a good thing to have in your recovery bag, it's not to be used with the Hi-Lift jack. Use a tow strap. The Snatch strap is made to stretch where the tow strap is low (or no) stretch.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TX_Dave
While a snatch strap is a good thing to have in your recovery bag, it's not to be used with the Hi-Lift jack. Use a tow strap. The Snatch strap is made to stretch where the tow strap is low (or no) stretch.
I found this out the hard way

You'll also need some gloves and a gym membership
Maybe a tree saver.
Watchout for that handle! make sure it locks each time. If not it'll whip your ass

After a couple times hi lifting my way out I said, "$300 isn't that bad for a winch"

Quick Reply: Recovery Gear