Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Remember the New Kid....

Old 11-24-2009, 10:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for being like that!!!

I'm (we) for sure need a help from any of you.

You are for us (at least for me) like "Off Road Encyclopedia" - and I'm just start my reading... I'm in the middle of introduction.
It is a long way to go and thank God I'm not gonna be alone...
Old 11-25-2009, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great post! I never had any issues saying "I'm not trying that today" on my early trips out and the groups I wheeled with from Rausch Creek never once blinked any eye. They would just say maybe next time. Makes all the difference in the world and makes you want to come back and build your skills.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome post. Being relatively new to wheeling it is reassuring to read.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Too True.

Nice Post.

I think some of the crazy rushed mod frenzy I see is from terrified newbies looking at videos and pics of hard core carnage, and threads describing how you can't wheel without welding giant slabs of steel to reinforce the flimsy OEM components and mounting at least 35's, 6" lift double lockers and an Atlas, yada yada yada

They have no CLUE that the people in those pics started out sometimes decades ahead of them, and EVOLVED to that point.

When I take a group of newbies out, there's the ones in skinny tired stock rigs with the step rails still on, etc.....and the ones who's only off road experience was pulling off the road to take a poseur pic in their lifted lockered monster that they have no clue how to operate off road.

The experienced (sometimes jealous) guys in the stockish rigs look at the newbie in the monster truck, and snarl "Why the hell is HE on the Green trails, that's SUCH A WASTE!"

I always tell them the most important mod is the driver, and until the driver is modified to be competent off road, he BELONGS on the green trails....as, that's HOW he will GET competent.

So, its like babies....you EXPECT them to drool...and you do NOT tease them for it.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome write up... although #4 could stand to be rewritten, unless we are measuring on a 125% scale here.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great post, thanks from this Newbie..........!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome post, being the newbie myself that was a nice read. I am looking forward to joining my local club to start learning how to drive offroad.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:14 PM
JK Newbie

Great read. I am new to wheeling and I will admit I too was scared (joined a new club and didn't know anyone) but at the end of the day I had a great time and we sat around to shoot the breeze and nobody ridiculed me. Though I ridiculed myself.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WranglerJoe
Awesome write up... although #4 could stand to be rewritten, unless we are measuring on a 125% scale here.
Maybe the author is related to Yogi Berra....

My regards,

Widewing
Old 04-25-2010, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

great post

Quick Reply: Remember the New Kid....