Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Rock krawler 3.5 inch x factor short arms or long arms

Old 11-17-2016, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rock krawler 3.5 inch x factor short arms or long arms

I was looking to upgrade my jk suspension and I want to know if I should go long arm or short arm cause the price difference between the too is big so if it's not necessary to get a long arm I won't buy it and save money for something else. My jeep will mostly be a D.D. but on the weekends I'm definitely going to wheel the hell out of it and i don't want my flex to be limited by the control arms so I don't know if the short arm are enough or it's better to go with long arms and I'm keeping my 35's for now.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by G.A.H; 10-10-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G.A.H
I was looking to upgrade my jk buy installing a new lift kit and I want to know if I should go long arm or short arm cause the price is big for a long arm so if it's not necessary I won't buy it and save money for something else my jeep will spend most of the time on road but when I will go off road its going to be a tough trail and I don't want to get stuck or anything breaking cause when I will go offroad it will be a hard one and tough trail so I don't know if the short arm is enough or it better to go with long arms and I'm keeping my 35's
Long arms are not necessary running a standard shock and at 3.5" of lift.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

I'm buying the kit with shocks I will only be adding currie antirock swaybars what wheel travel do you think I will get with this setup
and how will the on-road driving quality going to be bumpy or just fine cause I have a 3-inch lift now and I feel like the control arm angle is quite big as I feel

Last edited by G.A.H; 11-17-2016 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-17-2016, 01:19 PM
JK Junkie

I'm buying the kit with shocks I will only be adding currie antirock swaybars what wheel travel do you think I will get with this setup and how will the on-road driving quality going to be bumpy or just fine cause I have a 3-inch lift now and I feel like the control arm angle is quite big as I feel
What do you have for caster correction?
Old 11-17-2016, 10:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
What do you have for caster correction?
I have teraflex flexarm front lower and rear upper right now but it dont flex much
Old 11-18-2016, 08:10 AM
JK Junkie

I have teraflex flexarm front lower and rear upper right now but it dont flex much
Arms wont affect flex much. If anything a arm with clevite type joints will bind more.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Arms wont affect flex much. If anything a arm with clevite type joints will bind more.
So you recommend that i get the x factor 3.5 inch mid arm with the rock krawler shocks and antirocks what else do you advice me to get so i won't have any other problem with my lift and thanks for everything
Old 11-18-2016, 09:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you'll be happy with the x factor.

Long arms can be better than short arms because the offer better geometry for shock absorption and therefore offer a better ride. However the drawback is they require welding and the arms connect more towards the center of the frame. for 3.5 inch lift on a JK, it's probably not worth the modification.

If ride becomes an issue later, I would still do coilovers before long arms.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:50 AM
JK Junkie

I run the x-factor too and like it. I would consider a drag link flip kit also. Synergy, SteerSmarts, etc.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor

I agree with sticking to the mid arm. You'll be very impressed with it's capability and installation is much more simple.

Quick Reply: Rock krawler 3.5 inch x factor short arms or long arms