Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Rugged Ridge Engine/trans shield on 2014 JK?

Old 08-20-2014, 04:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge Engine/trans shield on 2014 JK?

I'm having an issue. I got and installed the Rugged Ridge engine and trans shield on to my 2014 Willys Wheeler JK, and the thing fits perfectly in the front and looks like open ass in the rear.

Only one if the factory Rubicon transfer case bolts lines up with it, the one in the middle hole on the RR plate. The bolt on the drivers side goes past the RR plate and is just pinching the RR plate between the factory Rubicon plate and the Cross member. The RR bolt hole on the other side (passenger side) isn't near any holes at all and the plate over there looks horrible.

Am I missing something here? There has to be something going on here that I'm just to dumb to understand?

Old 08-24-2014, 06:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I found the issue, the front drop brackets go inside the of the pan, I have them outside if the pan in the above photos. That doesn't help the rear at the cross member, but it was wrong.

The center bolt hole in the rear of the pan, center of 3, it's a larger diameter hole as if they weren't sure exactly where to place it. Well, it's not exactly where it needs to be, so I had to use a die grinder to open it up to the rear. This allowed me to get 3 bolts into the 3 holes instead of the one bolt down above.

Proper front drop brackets.

Moved rear center hole back about a half inch.

Rear 3 bolts all in place properly.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Engine/trans shield on 2014 JK?