Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Stock rockslide

Old 05-06-2014, 04:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
Avoid any that only bolt to body mounts. They will flex (as body mounts do) into your rocker panel and cause dents.
Do you have any recommendations on what to get. I'd rather spend a little more and have a better product
Old 05-06-2014, 04:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Gieringer11

Do you have any recommendations on what to get. I'd rather spend a little more and have a better product
I personally have the OR Fab

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2119585180.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	550842

But I think poison spyder recently came out with one that I liked, and JCR makes a great couple options.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
Mine pushed into the body. Wasnt a lot of damage but I replaced them regardless as they didnt hold up to what I want and intend for the Jeep to be able to handle.

Did they fold your pinch seams. I talked to smitty built and they said stock are better than aftermarket. Because it disperses the weight across the pinch seams.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I recomend ones that attach to the frame. I made my own but if I was going to buy them I would get something like the EVO/ACE/etc. weld on sliders. I believe there are some that have brackets to bolt to the frame but I cant think of the name.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did they fold your pinch seams. I talked to smitty built and they said stock are better than aftermarket. Because it disperses the weight across the pinch seams.
No they didnt, they flexed up and scratched/chipped the paint and then flexed back to normal position.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just went through this. You want sliders that bolts to the frame and are made with DOM tubing.

Here is a list of the one I was interested in.

LOD

Shrockworks

White knock off road

VKS fab.

TJM

Poison spyder

I am sure this others out there that fall into this category. Hope this helps.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:38 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
I just went through this. You want sliders that bolts to the frame and are made with DOM tubing.

Here is a list of the one I was interested in.

LOD

Shrockworks

White knock off road

VKS fab.

TJM

Poison spyder

I am sure this others out there that fall into this category. Hope this helps.
These pics helped a lot. I think I know which ones I'm going with now. Thanks! Which version did you end up going if you don't mind me asking?
Old 06-17-2014, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
These pics helped a lot. I think I know which ones I'm going with now. Thanks! Which version did you end up going if you don't mind me asking?
I went with the TJM rock sliders. Not only do they protect the body from wheel to wheel but they also cover protect frame. I would described them as mini boat sliders. I thought they offered the most protection.

They come powder coated and have a built in hi-lift jack point that locks in the jack from slipping side to side when lifting. They are also 99% bolt on. The design used existing holes in the frame and only 1 hole had to be drilled. Some of the others require drilling and taping every hole.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Stock rockslide

Nice, I'm thinking of getting the TJMs also. How much of a step / distance out for the body. And only thing that my wife would like is one that can be use as a step up. If you could please post a picture.
Thanks Chris.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:37 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow....i did a lot of calling & recon work today to add to this thread. Just spent the last 30 minutes typing it up only to have my damn reply get wiped out because I needed to login in again. Jeebus fawkin' A piece of shiat fawk it

Quick Reply: Stock rockslide