Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Stock Rubi, Evan's Creek?

Old 05-29-2011, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Rubi, Evan's Creek?

Posted this in the NW staging area, but seems people don't check it that often. I'm looking for a trail for tomorrow (Monday, Memorial Day).

I've done Tahuya, fun but not that challenging.

Evan's Creek is supposed to be the trail that if you can do it, you can do the Rubicon.

Am I'm insane for wanting to do it in my stock Rubi?
Old 06-16-2011, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Got a buddy with a 99 wrangler that's beat to hell from Evans Creek. He says the pucker factor out there is pretty high and there are some spots you can't turn around where it gets pretty harry. I'm very interested in this spot myself as well but I'm in a stock 11jk. (saving up for 35's and a lift) so it's staying home for now.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Freak

I know this is a little late. But a stock JK could handle some of Evan's. Not all and probably about 40% of the trails would be off limits. It is very easy to get some body damage and it is very very tight in some places. I ran it and had no "real" problems but did have to bust out the winch a couple times due to the BFG A/T's and mud. Having said that, one guy with a JK modded with a 2" lift and 33's cracked his axle housing. Freak accident? Definitely, but it still happened at Evan's. So just be prepared and DO NOT GO ALONE!!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'd have alot more fun at browns Camp in the Tillamook State forest. We just spent three days there and I wish we had more time. Hogs back, Archers, fire Break 5 and many others are fine for your rubi.

I've done Evans in my JK with a lift and 33's. Broke both running boards on the 311 trail, dented a rocker in the rock garden and puked twice from bieng shaken so hard coming down from the top.

Still fun as hell but JK's are definitly on the wide side, I was scraping tire on both sides in 1/2 of the trails.

Quick Reply: Stock Rubi, Evan's Creek?