Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Trail Damage/Total - Does Insurance cover it?

Old 02-08-2012, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trail Damage/Total - Does Insurance cover it?

Does anyone here know if insurance companies cover if your jeep gets damaged/totaled on the trail?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rc007
Does anyone here know if insurance companies cover if your jeep gets damaged/totaled on the trail?
I asked my insurance company the question what happening if I am out on a trail and I roll it? They told me that I would be covered. Just would be my deductible.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I also asked my insurance company (progressive) that if i hit a rock while on a trail if it would be covered and they also said i just have to pay my comprehensive (?) deductible
Old 02-08-2012, 01:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Croce
I also asked my insurance company (progressive) that if i hit a rock while on a trail if it would be covered and they also said i just have to pay my comprehensive (?) deductible
Nope. That's wrong, the policy states that offloading, drag racing and the like are excluded. If they knew you were doing the like, the claim would be denied.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreenJK07
Nope. That's wrong, the policy states that offloading, drag racing and the like are excluded. If they knew you were doing the like, the claim would be denied.

I was watching some of the videos on You Tube and saw few guys destroy their Jeeps on the trails. I hope they were covered. I guess I should go read my insurance policy.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rc007

I was watching some of the videos on You Tube and saw few guys destroy their Jeeps on the trails. I hope they were covered. I guess I should go read my insurance policy.
Read your policy, it varies from company to company. I used to be a property damage adjuster for Progressive and now I handle injuries.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

I know what I'll be doing tonight... searching for my policy... and then a little 'light' reading.

Trending Topics

Old 02-09-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Jedi

I had Safeco when I dinged mine pretty good off road less than 6 months old. They covered it, less the deductible.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Why do you think it is so hard to get warranty work done. Same thing. Even they show a Jeep off roading on there TV ads If you did damage while off roading they will do everything to not do the work. Warranty is such a scam. I wish I could but a Jeep with no warranty and save say 5 grand off the top off the Jeep. Extended if even worst. Just hand the man the money.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:13 AM
jdk
JK Freak

My policy states offroading, drag racing,& nuclear events are not covered. So if I ever roll mine I am going to put some chrome on it take it to the mall parking lot and call my agent from there.

Quick Reply: Trail Damage/Total - Does Insurance cover it?