Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Turkey Bay, KY

Old 06-19-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turkey Bay, KY

Anybody been to Land between the Lakes: Turkey bay in KY?

I would like to find a place to go for the wkend for some fun! anyother places around Indiana would be great too.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

I'm with ya on this, we would like to plan a trip to Turkey Bay in Mid July and would like to hear from people that have been there? what to expect? where to stay?
Old 06-26-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lots of people love it, I will be going for the first time in Aug, there is a Jeep Jamboree being hosted on a Friday-Saturday.
Old 06-26-2011, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Turkey Bay is great. I've been there 4 or 5 times and have only run maybe a third of the trails. There are places to go swimming or camp if you'd like, but if you want a hotel, about 30 minutes away is Cadiz, there are a few places to stay there. I was thinking about going out there the 4th of July weekend, so if anyone else does, PM me.

Josh

Last edited by No1AP; 06-26-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

I've been going there for 20 years but on dirt bikes up until last year when I bought the Heep. We've always camped, so I can't comment on other lodging. They have drinking water available, air, and outhouses. That's it for "accommodations". Perfect, IMO, since there aren't rangers to hassle you about anything else, either.

The maps you get at the gate house are good.

There's a local group, Turkey Bay Jeepers, or something like that. We were packing up Sunday morning in April and a couple of them stopped by to say , "Hi." Seemed like good guys. I'm sure you can find them on the web.

I don't plan to go until the 1st weekend of October, since camping will probably be HOT until at least then.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A few of us from Ashland City are going up on Sat. July 2nd. 2 JK's for sure and maybe aTJ and YJ.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkdeuce
A few of us from Ashland City are going up on Sat. July 2nd. 2 JK's for sure and maybe aTJ and YJ.
JKdeuce; Good to see ya posting up still!

I've been wanting to make a trip back to good ole" turkey bay for quite some time. This is an excellent place to ride, camp, fish, and whatever else you might wanna do.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:30 AM
JK Freak

Boy I sure do miss Kentucky, the land of my birth.

Quick Reply: Turkey Bay, KY