Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Two different 2” mopar lift kits?

Old 03-28-2018, 02:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two different 2” mopar lift kits?

I’m curious- it seems like there’s two different mopar 2” lift kits for the JK 2 door

one has a front drive axel and the other doesn’t.

besides the obvious price difference, how would I know what fits my 2018 JK Willy’s?

It’s not something I’m doing immediately as I literally just got the Jeep- but it’s something I might do eventually and it’ll be good to know which kit I’d need.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

the one with the front drive shaft is for 2012 on up because the drive shaft on 2012 and newer will hit the cross over on the 3.6L when max drooped.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:00 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I feel that a lot of people do Mopar lifts because they think it will help should a warranty issue come up. Keep in mind that many dealers are pretty "lift friendly" when it comes to warranty things. Unless they can specifically say something you did has cause the issue. There are a lot better options out there than the Mopar lift for the similar money. Just keep that in mind when you get to that point. You may choose to stay that route, but you may also find better value elsewhere. There is nothing super special about the Mopar lifts, and they aren't going to get you any better treatment at the dealers. Congrats on your new purchase.....you're gonna love your JK!

Quick Reply: Two different 2” mopar lift kits?