Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Washing/rinsing the underbody after beach driving

Old 06-02-2008, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sprinkler with soap thingy attached. then sprinkler with out soap.

optional: then hose with a very heavy water flow to get every nook n crannie out.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Invest in a good gas powered pressure washer. You can also use it after muddin’. If hooked up to your house water heater, usually a spigot use for a drain, then you’ll be able to steam clean your vehicle. It’s what I do and works awesome!
Old 06-02-2008, 10:04 PM
JK Freak

I do the lawn sprinkler and I have a hand held garden sprinkler for some places with an extension handle also.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

DUDE!!!!! is that your JEEP in your avitar? HOLLY $HI^! not to high-jack the thread but damn!. As for washing your Jeep after wheeling, I use a high pressure hose and get all the big crap off first and then head to the coin wash. $20.00 later and she'll look better then the day I bought her. I thought of building a multiple spray system you can place under your Jeep and leave it for a while. Sorta like the under carage sprayer at the gas station washes, but for the whole under carage at once.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DFW Rusty
The main thing is to wash the wheel assembly good and under the hood. That is where it will do the most damage! So take it to a do it your self wash and turn the tires back and forth and wash all of you stuff good. That is the best you can do.

Or just do like m mcan said and just set a sprinkler under it for a few hours!
Exactly.

I have a house on the beach, and have had my Jeep down almost every weekend for 10 months. No rust anywhere. For the dirty side, I put the sprinkler head down and drag it under verrrrry slowly...sometimes just let it set depending if I got lots of salt spray on/underneath it. For the clean side, I will either wash it at the house, or run down the street to the automatic..depends if I had to clean lots of fish or not how lazy I am......

The one thing I do is wash it EVERY time I come off the beach. That day. Not any of this, "Oh, I'll do it tomorrow" BS, I do it every time I come off the beach.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Junkie

sprinkler or preshure washer depending..............................
Old 06-11-2008, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

Last time I drove my old XJ at the beach (Port Aransas) the jelly fish had come in... I must have hit hundreds of them... no matter how much I washed it my Jeep smelled like a fishing trawler for months. No more beach running for me.

Quick Reply: Washing/rinsing the underbody after beach driving