Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

What GPS receiver are you using for iOS device?

Old 08-05-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What GPS receiver are you using for iOS device?

Got a few IPads around the house and figured I would use em for trail riding. They are all Wifi only. I'm torn between Bad Elf and Dual XGPS 150/160. What are you using if similar setup? I'm open to suggestions. I'm trying to use what I already have and keeping it under $200. Basically the price range of both receivers. Unless there's others that I'm not aware of. Thanks for reading.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:41 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by fenka856
Got a few IPads around the house and figured I would use em for trail riding. They are all Wifi only. I'm torn between Bad Elf and Dual XGPS 150/160. What are you using if similar setup? I'm open to suggestions. I'm trying to use what I already have and keeping it under $200. Basically the price range of both receivers. Unless there's others that I'm not aware of. Thanks for reading.
How about this?

Tablet: $147

Amazon.com : ASUS Google Nexus 7 Tablet (7-Inch, 32GB) 2012 Model : Tablet Computers : Computers & Accessories

App: $10

BackCountry Navigator

Maps: Free

CalTopo - Backcountry Mapping Evolved

Note that I recommend the 2012 Nexus 7, not the 2013. The 2013 is still having a few GPS problems.

My video on using the Nexus 7 (apologies for the audio quality in some places) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6UolIlksZs

Quick Reply: What GPS receiver are you using for iOS device?