JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Off-Road 101 (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-off-road-101-97/)
-   -   What spare parts to carry with me? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-off-road-101-97/what-spare-parts-carry-me-42052/)

j33per 05-26-2008 10:29 PM

What spare parts to carry with me?

Guys, I am doing the Rubicon Trail shortly in my JK and was wondering what spare parts I must take with me. I don't fancy carrying too much gear but at the same time I don't want to be caught out by what later seems as the obvious to bring. I guess I'll only break that part I haven't got anyway...

Thanks.

Blue 05-27-2008 06:19 AM

If you are driving there from the UK, a submarine conversion maybe come in handy!:D

j33per 05-27-2008 02:25 PM

Yes thanks, very funny!

greggradwohl 05-27-2008 02:46 PM

Are you going stock? If not, what mods?

greenmachine07 05-27-2008 05:03 PM

If you can, two spare tires. It sucks to have one flat but:mad: imagine two flats:mad:

j33per 05-27-2008 08:08 PM

* AEV Front Bumper w/ Winch Mount
* AEV Skidplate
* AEV Heat Reduction Hood
* Freedom top painted to match
* AEV Rear Corner Guards
* Warn 9.5ti Thermometric Winch
* Plasma winch rope
* IPF 900XS Off Road Lights
* AEV Tuned 2.75" Suspension
* Remote Reservoir Shocks
* BFG Mud Terrain Tires (35”)
* AEV Pintler 17” Alloy Wheels with beadlocks
* Speedometer Recalibration
* AEV Badging
* R&P Gear ratio 4:88
* AEV Snorkel
* Husky liners

NE Wrangling 05-27-2008 08:33 PM

With your mod list and having a rubi I'd have a hard time at guessing exactly what could go go wrong. Go with a good spotter and picking good lines helps the most. I have a spare driveshaft but it's all I could find in the aftermarket so far.

From your mod list I'd think your looking pretty much on target for a good time with 35" tires. You might want to carry some fliuds in case something does occur. Spare break fliud and maybe t case fluid. recovery gear of course, d-rings, tow straps etc...

scouter4life 05-27-2008 08:45 PM

I've often wondered this same thing. I hear about people braking things and fixing them on the trail, but I'm never sure if they riggged something up or had a spare wih them. Knock on wood, I've never broken a major component on the trail, but I have no idea if there are certain items that are more common to break than others, plus I don't want to add a bunch of weight if I don't have to.

Besides hand tools to do most suspension & drive line work, I also carry some bailing wire, zip ties & assorted nuts and bolts, but is there something else that I should have for trail repairs?

jkkat 05-28-2008 05:58 AM

Ratchet straps can be a wheelers best friend as well.

j&k'sjk 05-28-2008 06:09 AM

fan (engine) belt, fuses