JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Off-Road 101 (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-off-road-101-97/)
-   -   Whats in your TOOL BOX ???? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-off-road-101-97/whats-your-tool-box-184970/)

CrazyCasey 07-04-2011 05:08 PM

Whats in your TOOL BOX ????

Just going over all of the tools in my tool box and I realized that I don't have a lot of what I need. I recently had to remove a drive shaft on the trail and realized that my sockets only go down to 10mm, thankfully a friend was able to get me the tool that I needed, an 8mm.

Please post up anything you can think of, other than the standard stuff. Any specific size wrenches, sockets or other tools that you carry. Any unusual items that have come in handy for you on the trail would be greatly appreciated.
:thumbsup:

SiliconTi 07-04-2011 05:13 PM

There are two sockets I made sure my kit has: 19mm and 21mm. Deep, shallow, 3/8" drive and 1/2 drive. This fits all of the suspension bolts.

Other than that, the only "special" tool I have is one to adjust the e-brake shoes (which is a PITA).

genesbro 07-04-2011 07:13 PM

I carry a set of metric and standard wrenchs. A set of 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 inch drive sockets in both standard and metric. A thin wall 19mm for the lug nuts and electric impact driver to got with it. The socket sets of course have deep and standard. A pair of needle nose vice grips to pinch off brakeline in case of breakage. Carry lots of other stuff as well, those are the highlights.

CrazyCasey 07-05-2011 10:53 AM

thanks for the good tips....

ANYONE ELSE???:thinking:

Ario56 07-05-2011 04:37 PM

In the jeep I have a basic wrench & socket set, screwdriver bit set (with torx, hex... Etc).
A 2 foot flex head ratchet with a 19mm for tire changes (I hate lug wrenches), if I remember for trips I bring my 18v snap-on impact gun.
Zip ties, electrical tape, vivair compressor that fits perfectly in the storage tub. Recovery strap, adjustable wrench, leatherman.... And of course, my Crovel Shovel!

Sounds like a lot, but I didn't even realize I had all this until I sat down and thought about it.

And any other random tools I may be carrying at any given time.

Lilahs Jeep 07-05-2011 04:43 PM

6" cresent wrench with a 2' cheater pipe.

CrazyCasey 07-07-2011 10:16 AM

just added duct tape to the list..... it comes in pretty handy!!!:thumbsup:

Croce 07-07-2011 10:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Beside standard wrenches,sockets/rachets, pliers and duct/electrical tape
I always keep "X-treme tape" for repairs, A 3/8 Torque wrench, Zip ties- alot of them, Safety flares, a hand Siphon, magnesium fire starter and Machette

The list goes on for a while.. i really do have a list written down lol

Thanks too Ronjenxs Storage Mod i can now keep alot more tools. I can even keep my bottle jack in the storage bin standing up

CrazyCasey 07-07-2011 12:49 PM

thats a great list!!!! like the storage mod too, I may have to do that one soon:rock: