Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

Winch reality

Old 05-30-2008, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R8R ROK
TEEJ,

I was considering the 9500 lb T-max , I didn't quite understand the re-badge comment. If you could elaborate on that and also give me your opinion of T-max winches in general that would be great.

Your knowledge is awesome.

Thanks
Stacy
I believe what he means is that even though the Smittybilt winch has the Smittybilt badge on it, it's made by another company.

Much like the Tabor 9k doesn't have a Warn badge but it is owned and built by Warn.

Companies do this all of the time. All of the old Dell printers were Lexmarks in Dell disguise.

Speaking of which, what is the general consensus on the Tabor 9k. Being built by Warn I'm think it's good stuff and the price is very reasonable, $460 shipped. But I'm afraid of one of those, "you get what you pay for" situations.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great info guys, gives me a lot to think about
Old 06-26-2008, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF? time is money? out 4 wheeling? It sound like my winch is bigger than your winch thingie here. Yeah...Warn makes a 8k winch that just cannot do the job. LOL! Oh yeah ....we don't have mud out here LOL! so what do I know...You could pitch in and have a full blown tow truck follow you......or maybe a helicopter to lift you out. If ya need it....get it. If you don't then.....err... don't.

Quick Reply: Winch reality