Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

35's with stock wheels post em' here

Old 02-16-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are you all getting your tires mounted? I have called a couple places and nobody wants to mount a tire that is "too wide" for the stock wheels (I have the 17" stockers). They also don't seem to want to touch the wheel spacers. Anyone know of a reputable place in Dallas/North Dallas?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's mine

Last edited by Westley; 02-16-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TOChornedfrogs
Where are you all getting your tires mounted? I have called a couple places and nobody wants to mount a tire that is "too wide" for the stock wheels (I have the 17" stockers). They also don't seem to want to touch the wheel spacers. Anyone know of a reputable place in Dallas/North Dallas?
I got mine mounted at Pep Boys. They didn't even question it, just did it. I did the wheel spacers myself though, only takes a minute.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jgarner

That looks awesome. If I was going to run stock wheels Id go this route.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default Finally got lift on

Finally got my lift and bigger tires on. Had to wait a few months, but worth the wait.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default Very, very soon

My 1.5 inch hub spacers arrive today and I'm going to pick up my 315/70R17's either today or tomorrow.

I did some quick measuring last night and man, it looks like the new tires are going to come extremely close to the stock Rubi rock rail/pinch seam on the rear... From all of the pics I have seen on here it looks like lots of other guys are running the 2.5 inch TF lift and 35's but I just want to make sure. Has anyone had clearance issues with a setup similar to mine?
Old 05-17-2010, 10:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mmcewen
My 1.5 inch hub spacers arrive today and I'm going to pick up my 315/70R17's either today or tomorrow.

I did some quick measuring last night and man, it looks like the new tires are going to come extremely close to the stock Rubi rock rail/pinch seam on the rear... From all of the pics I have seen on here it looks like lots of other guys are running the 2.5 inch TF lift and 35's but I just want to make sure. Has anyone had clearance issues with a setup similar to mine?
A lot of people run this setup but they also trim their rock rails. You take the cap off the end, trim them flush with the body, and put the cap back on, it looks factory done and allows more clearance. That will be adequate but if you wanna do it all in one shot, feel free to fold back or trim the pinch seem while youre at it too, just incase you ever decide to go bigger. Its pretty self explanatory but if youd like pictures there are in depth guides on this in the write up section. Hope this helps

Now for my show part to contribute to the thread:

Having some fun

Old 05-17-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nmullins
Finally got my lift and bigger tires on. Had to wait a few months, but worth the wait.

Nice Jeep, but what about the John Deere - what wheel size and rims is the little guy runnin' on that?
Old 05-17-2010, 11:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Old 05-17-2010, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
A lot of people run this setup but they also trim their rock rails. You take the cap off the end, trim them flush with the body, and put the cap back on, it looks factory done and allows more clearance. That will be adequate but if you wanna do it all in one shot, feel free to fold back or trim the pinch seem while youre at it too, just incase you ever decide to go bigger. Its pretty self explanatory but if youd like pictures there are in depth guides on this in the write up section. Hope this helps
This is perfect. I will trim up my rails and probably do the pinch seam while I'm at it.

Nice pics BTW

Quick Reply: 35's with stock wheels post em' here