Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

ACE Sliders 4Dr Installed pics and instructions!!

Old 11-30-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed my ACE SLIDERS for my 2012 4 Door.
Got these babies from Jason at Krawloff-road
shipping for me was $10 cheaper than ACE's website plus i got 5% off on cyber monday so i couldn't let this deal get away! plus, i got it in 2 days! talk about fast shipment.
For those of you who don't know Jason works closely with Adam from ACE so he basically acts as a middle-man.
ANYWAYS here's my write-up with pictures. HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Here's what my jeep looks like before i put on the rails.

Time to open the package!

1. Safety First!! lol

First your going to have to remove 3 body mounts on each side of your vehicle. (2 on each side if you have a 2Dr) Use an 18mm Socket wrench with an extension.

Once removed, You will notice that the washers don't fit into the sliders mounting brackets because the openings are too small. You will have to grind the washers down.
Mark about 1/8'' to be cut or shaved off on two opposites sides of the washers. Repeat for each bolt.
Then place in a vice grip and secure it tight so you can cut them without hurting yourself.

Now for the most time consuming part of the whole project. (Don't worry lol it doesnt take that long pretty simple.) You can use an angle grinder like i did to do this, or a hacksaw if you have the patience. At first i used the grinding disk, but it was easier to just use the cutting disc to cut the ends right off. Not the prettiest cut but it gets the job done. Repeat for each bolt on both sides.

The bolts should now look as shown behind the paint can. Don't forget to coat your newly ground or cut ends with a paint or primer to avoid rusting.

Now you're ready to install. Two people would make the job a little easier. I substituted the extra hands with a pair of axle stands, worked perfectly. Once you get your rails into position you can get your bolts ready.

Don't forget to use some threadlock. Loctite..etc. Coat the threads on your bolts evenly and hand screw them into place. Then use your 18mm socket to tighten the rest. and there you have it!! You're new ACE sliders should be installed in less than an hour!

This is what they should look like if installed correctly. NOT TOO HARD RIGHT?

..and now the worst step. Cleaning up.

The only test i've done so far was jump on it like a kangaroo on steroids. I'm 165 lbs. not too heavy but they do not budge one bit.

Last edited by duongsterr; 12-01-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:12 PM
JfK
JK Enthusiast

Looking good! I'm hoping to get these from someone for Christmas! I spammed the whole family
Old 11-30-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JfK
Looking good! I'm hoping to get these from someone for Christmas! I spammed the whole family
Lol these sliders are a must, they look sweet, and feel very sturdy. haven't put them to the test yet but i'm sure it wont dissapoint.
Originally Posted by 616fun
I just helped someone throw a set of two door rails on tonight. Cake for sure.

We did a 2.5" lift too.
your install looks clean! i wanna get my lift soon but money is kinda tight especially after buying these guys deff worth the money though for sure.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good! Thanks for the write up. Can you explain why the washers need to be trimmed?
Old 11-30-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ealive
Looks good! Thanks for the write up. Can you explain why the washers need to be trimmed?
yeah the openings in the mounting brackets of the rails are a little small, so you'd have to shave off a tiny fraction on the washers to make them fit in the holes. You would think that ACE would fix this problem after all the complaints they've had about that specific problem lol thanks for pointing that out i went back and edited my write-up.

you see how the bracket has straight edges on the top and bottom of them opening?

Last edited by duongsterr; 11-30-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Unordered my ace rock rails today. Wish I could have got the discount looking forward to the arrival.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TexasRubicon
Unordered my ace rock rails today. Wish I could have got the discount looking forward to the arrival.
you unordered them? lol
Old 12-01-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 616fun

I guess I don't see the big deal on that. 10 min on a grinding wheel and some spray paint. Big deal.
I wasnt saying it was hard or anything and Yeah its not as big as people make it out to be its pretty quick and simple. Just that they should have made it so you wouldnt have to grind the washers.

Last edited by duongsterr; 12-01-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got my ACE rails and plan on doing this install as soon as I get my Jeep back. Looks like I got all the tools but will need a helping hand.

Thanks for the post.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice write up. Mine went pretty much like that too. I didn't take the time to paint my washers. I should probably take them off and do that to prevent rust as well.

Quick Reply: ACE Sliders 4Dr Installed pics and instructions!!