JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Show & Tell (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/)
-   -   Any pics of custom subs and sound systems? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/any-pics-custom-subs-sound-systems-3026/)

SocalBlkX 02-07-2007 10:36 PM

Any pics of custom subs and sound systems?

Just wondering if anyone has any pics of their own customized sound systems? Thanks in advanced for sharing!

cab76 02-07-2007 11:14 PM

I'm interested in this as well. I'm thinking about relocating the subwoofer to the center console - particularly interested in anyone's attempt to do so.

woolf 02-08-2007 03:12 AM

I have been contemplating this issue for quite some time. I really want to get my tens and components along with the two amps I have in here, just don't know where I am going to put everything. Anyone stuck an amp under the driver or passenger?

superboo 02-08-2007 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by woolf (Post 28734)
I have been contemplating this issue for quite some time. I really want to get my tens and components along with the two amps I have in here, just don't know where I am going to put everything. Anyone stuck an amp under the driver or passenger?

i'm planning on putting an amp under passenger, and one under rear. alongside the one in the rear, i want to put one of those new pioneer 10 or 12" slim subs that's only 3" deep. the box required for those has a more narrow profile, so i think under the seat will work just fine.

Ge99ne 02-08-2007 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by SocalBlkX (Post 28714)
Just wondering if anyone has any pics of their own customized sound systems? Thanks in advanced for sharing!

You may try the other pimp my ride ish site. Is it car domain? Something like that. There will be some custom sound systems here, for sure. But most of the mods discussed on this forum tend to run on the offroad performance side of things.

cab76 02-08-2007 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ge99ne (Post 28813)
You may try the other pimp my ride ish site. Is it car domain? Something like that. There will be some custom sound systems here, for sure. But most of the mods discussed on this forum tend to run on the offroad performance side of things.

I hear ya, but I'm thinking of both good sound quality and off-road capability. The stock subwoofer location, for instance, is pretty exposed to the elements right now. A console mount would be more isolated and better for driving through water crossings, mud, etc. I'm also interested in hearing possible ideas for amp mounts that keeps the amp off the floor and with as little wiring running through the tub as possible (I'm thinking up under the dash somewhere maybe?) - also thinking about water crossings and general exposure to the elements as a consideration.

OJMiles 02-08-2007 08:02 AM

I will be installing a nice sound system in my 4dr JK once a dash kit & wiring harness are released for the 07+ Wrangler/Nitro/Sebring .

stumpman79 02-08-2007 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by woolf (Post 28734)

YES in the past I have put amps under a seat but never in a Jeep. I dont recommend it...WHY! Under the driver seat wouldnt be bad but under the passenger seat there is a giant airbag sensor that weighs who or what is in the seat and determines whether to turn of the airbag or not depending on the weight. Also that seat folds forward in the 2DR to let back seat passengers in and it will get stepped on. I will have pics up soon of my $5600 system.

stumpman79 02-08-2007 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by OJMiles (Post 28867)
I will be installing a nice sound system in my 4dr JK once a dash kit & wiring harness are released for the 07+ Wrangler/Nitro/Sebring .

Only two company's make kits for Crutchfield to distribute and neither one will have a kit or harness until the end of the summer. I had a custom shop fab mine for about $500.

woolf 02-08-2007 09:35 AM

The four door doesn't flip, and my amps run really cool. If I can fit them their, they will have to go their. They are both pretty big though, might not fit if there is a sensor under them.