Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Barricade Roof Rack weight limit HELP PLEASE

Old 06-27-2017, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barricade Roof Rack weight limit HELP PLEASE

I just purchased (haven't mounted it yet) the Barricade Roof Rack. Most manufacturers post the weight limit capacity of their racks as to how much they can hold when the vehicle is stationary and when the vehicle is in motion. No matter where I search online The Barricade I purchased doesn't show these two separate ratings, they only have one rating and that's 350lbs. Can anyone please tell me if they know what the "stationary" weight limit capability of this roof rack is? I contacted Barricade but got no response. I'm wanting to put a roof top tent on the rack and obviously a couple of adult sized bodies and a child into the tent and thus why I really want to find out the stationary weight capacity of this particular roof rack. Thank you in advance...
Old 06-28-2017, 01:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope I caught you before you've mounted it. I have one as well. Finally installed it a few months ago. I wish somebody would have given me a heads up on this. Go get some marine grade grease or water resistant silicon and coat ALL of the female end tubes as far in as you can go. Like the kind you'd need for a bearing job.

It's kind of a pain in ass to take off the rack once it's on. But I'm about to, bc I can't take the squeaking anymore. It is driving me batshit crazy. Every bump. Or even high idle, it makes noise. I love it otherwise. And sorry I don't have the answer on the original question.

Quick Reply: Barricade Roof Rack weight limit HELP PLEASE