Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The Burnsville Diesel Conversion is coming together!

Old 02-24-2012, 06:59 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool The Burnsville Diesel Conversion is coming together!

Check out Dan's latest blog posting covering the process HERE.

I get to drive the shop diesel here at nemesis pretty regularly. Its hands down my favorite even among all of the big screaming Hemi conversions we do. It just powers through everything....it accelerates effortlessly, and once it settles into highway driving you can't even hear it.

If it was a perfect world, we'd have the opportunity to buy one of these straight from the factory!

Stay tuned for more news on the Burnsville Offroad Diesel option!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Super Freak

40,000$ I am haveing a hard time with 25,000$ for a hemi. These will never come out of the dealers. If they do you will be without a job. I will stick with the 3.8
Old 02-24-2012, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by viking
40,000$ I am haveing a hard time with 25,000$ for a hemi. These will never come out of the dealers. If they do you will be without a job. I will stick with the 3.8
I AM WORKING VERY HARD RIGHT NOW TO GET APPROVAL TO BUY THE PARTS THAT ARE ON RESTRICTION, OTHERWISE I CAN BUY THEM FROM GERMANY. BUT AT THOSE PRICES THIS CONVERSION WILL COST ABOUT $40,000.00.
$40k is worst case scenario, but real world. Naturally, at that price your market is comprised of the wealthy and typically insatiable. At least there are shops offering the option, it gives another dimension to real world data supporting that there at least is a market for this. That type of data is very valuable to automakers.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

it is a visious circle. Did they have the I wants when the option was 4- inline six wanting a bigger engine. I think the CJ's series had a 304 v8 . I had that in a Gremlin x. Maybe the dealer has part ownership in these companies offering hemi swap's. Would be a pretty good rich deal not wanting anything bigger then what we have now. I to would love to put a hemi in my Jeep and I have planned a little bit. But that will be when my engine bites the dust or it is time for a overhaul of the jeep. I think though everyone complains about this 3.8 ,power, mpg, it may surprise people in it's longevity as a work horse engine. 156000 and going.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by viking
Especially seeing as how there are diesel conversions out there already for half that.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Id sell my kidney for a diesel, heard a volkswagon start up and it shocked me, thinking ill pay off what i got, then run that little 3.4 into the dirt and see whats available, but if you have a jeep diesel, and you want a kidney, ill trade..
Old 02-24-2012, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Id give almost anything for a diesel!!!!!!!!!! ive been researching for months and though i had thought i had made a final descion on weather to do a 4bt swap or Supercharger or do the CRD swap but 20k for the swap yes i know its expensive but its almost ludacrhis to spend 20k for that i could buy a whole new jeep with the 3.6 and i DONT WANT TO DO THAT!!! IVE DONE too much to my jeep JK already!!! its just a big cluster fuck on what to do.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know why this seems to be such a big deal for Dan, and the price seems so high. He had a guy in his shop do this conversion in 2007, and it was around $25,000. I think that the last time this Jeep was sold it went for around $45,000 with lift, bumpers, etc...
Old 02-24-2012, 12:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the $40k parts and labor? Or just parts?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

How do you get that through emissions testing in Denver?

Quick Reply: The Burnsville Diesel Conversion is coming together!