Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Calling all Gobi colored Jeeps

Old 11-02-2017, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBaby
I liked your trailer! The J30s are nice too, buddy of mine has had one for a few years now. You'll like it.

I ordered a '18 Gobi JK for the wife, it came in a couple of weeks ago. Mods are coming in now but I have to get an install plan. Main hiccup is a controller to change gears and tire size. (Everyone says "1-2 months") Not sure my wife can wait that long, she's not happy driving a baby Jeep LOL

I started a thread here to track the build: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...d-gobi-344022/

Awesome I will go and check out your thread and subscribe. I loved my trailer to however for the last 6 months I have been bouncing back and forth between keeping or selling. There were a few issues I had. One it was becoming more and more just me going out on trips. In fact who am I kidding it was just me going out on trips and meeting up with friends. I had gotten the trailer hoping the wife and kids would want to start getting out some. They did not lol. Then on my big trip to NC I found that I had packed way too much and it just became one of those things that I was ready to get more vehicle specific and not have the trailer. And here we are at the J30. Cannot wait to get it installed.

As far as controller why not get an AEV Procal? It can do both gears and tire size change.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubicon91
Hello yes it is a road shower 2. Holds 5 gallons. I have had it for 2 years or so. I like it. Simple and easy to use. It does get hot when in direct sunlight and all. If it is cloudy or cold out all you have to do is boil a pot of water and put it in there to warm it up as well. I completely forgot about this thread here lol. I have gone through a ton of changes on the Jeep and still more to come. Installed an AEV 2.5 inch lift with 315 KO2s. Sold my expo trailer after my big trip to NC and my Gobi rack is also on the way out in a few weeks. Hopefully right before Christmas my new Ursa Minor J30 top will be here. Here are some pics from my trip to NC in October. Went to Appalachian Rendezvous in Uwharrie National Forrest and then on to Overland Expo East. I had the road shower during the 13 day trip and used it the entire time.
Thanks for your opinion, how many usage of showers you get out of one tank during your trip? Also, can the tank be mounted on the side of the rack instead? So you are selling the rack as well?
Old 11-02-2017, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Awesome I will go and check out your thread and subscribe. I loved my trailer to however for the last 6 months I have been bouncing back and forth between keeping or selling. There were a few issues I had. One it was becoming more and more just me going out on trips. In fact who am I kidding it was just me going out on trips and meeting up with friends. I had gotten the trailer hoping the wife and kids would want to start getting out some. They did not lol. Then on my big trip to NC I found that I had packed way too much and it just became one of those things that I was ready to get more vehicle specific and not have the trailer. And here we are at the J30. Cannot wait to get it installed.

As far as controller why not get an AEV Procal? It can do both gears and tire size change.
Makes sense. I'll still go with a trailer for now, the GVWR isn't high enough on Jeeps to pack enough for 2-4 people. Were it just me I'd also go with the J30.

As far as the controller, because 2018. Apparently there's a change in the PCM... just my luck
Old 11-02-2017, 08:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Airkoay76
Thanks for your opinion, how many usage of showers you get out of one tank during your trip? Also, can the tank be mounted on the side of the rack instead? So you are selling the rack as well?
I am not sure how many as it is all subjective to how long you want to run the hose for each time. I did 6 approx on the big trip and still had plenty of water in the tank but again it isnt running the entire time I shower. I use it only when needed. Yes it can be mounted however you would like it. For side mounting you would need the gobi awning brackets and then something to attach it to them. I have seen another member of a different forum who has it side mounted and asked them how they did it.

Yes the Gobi Rack is for sale and I already have a pending sale with deposit on it. I am pulling it off this weekend and they will be coming in a few weeks to put it on.

Last edited by Rubicon91; 11-02-2017 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Makes sense. I'll still go with a trailer for now, the GVWR isn't high enough on Jeeps to pack enough for 2-4 people. Were it just me I'd also go with the J30.

As far as the controller, because 2018. Apparently there's a change in the PCM... just my luck
Yeah if I had 2-4 people the trailer would be great but after 2 1/2 years it was me on every trip but 2. Those 2 I had my little girl with me and well I can still have her go with me when it is just the Jeep. I didnt even think or better yet realize they did a change in the PCM. That sucks.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

In fact I forgot I had a picture of the guys Jeep with his Road Shower side mounted on the gobi rack.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	iACtUJFkND2CeAx1lggRkx68tkmSZXV0_TE_lbhirSs.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	675877  
Old 11-02-2017, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I liked your trailer! The J30s are nice too, buddy of mine has had one for a few years now. You'll like it.

I ordered a '18 Gobi JK for the wife, it came in a couple of weeks ago. Mods are coming in now but I have to get an install plan. Main hiccup is a controller to change gears and tire size. (Everyone says "1-2 months") Not sure my wife can wait that long, she's not happy driving a baby Jeep LOL

I started a thread here to track the build: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...d-gobi-344022/

hahaha this is why I have limited my posting to mainly expo portal. I cannot keep up with all of us cross forum posting lol. Now I realize who you are from over there. Once I really looked at your thread here I said that sounds really familar well it is because I am already subscribed to it on the other forum ha! I have same name there. In fact same name on all the forums for me.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

hahaha this is why I have limited my posting to mainly expo portal. I cannot keep up with all of us cross forum posting lol. Now I realize who you are from over there. Once I really looked at your thread here I said that sounds really familar well it is because I am already subscribed to it on the other forum ha! I have same name there. In fact same name on all the forums for me.
LOL Nice!

I'm looking forward to this build, I hope the tuner thing doesn't put a kink in the works.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not sure how many as it is all subjective to how long you want to run the hose for each time. I did 6 approx on the big trip and still had plenty of water in the tank but again it isnt running the entire time I shower. I use it only when needed. Yes it can be mounted however you would like it. For side mounting you would need the gobi awning brackets and then something to attach it to them. I have seen another member of a different forum who has it side mounted and asked them how they did it.

Yes the Gobi Rack is for sale and I already have a pending sale with deposit on it. I am pulling it off this weekend and they will be coming in a few weeks to put it on.
Thanks brother. Mind if I ask how much was the offer?
Old 11-07-2017, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks brother. Mind if I ask how much was the offer?
I had it for sale for $1200 and it included the awning mounts as well with it.

Quick Reply: Calling all Gobi colored Jeeps