Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 06-20-2017, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like the other trim options, is it possible to provide an option where the rear fenders are still 1" too long? I run a mid-width bumper and I'm sure a few others do too.

Also, this shape for the rear is much better (being parallel instead of a trapezoid) but I still love the more consistent A shape
Old 06-20-2017, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Erok
Like the other trim options, is it possible to provide an option where the rear fenders are still 1" too long? I run a mid-width bumper and I'm sure a few others do too.

Also, this shape for the rear is much better (being parallel instead of a trapezoid) but I still love the more consistent A shape
If these end up in production there's no reason whatever company does them couldn't leave them longer for the buyer to trim, the production molds would have the extra length anyway.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great, much nicer to "Trim to Fit" rather than than have a gap
Old 06-20-2017, 12:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I finished the folding table for the JK fridge slide today. Anyone up for a picnic?

Here it is without the traditional Gingham tablecloth

Stowed. The table folds up between the fridge battery and the fridge.

To show how it works, here's a deployment video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4mO5If7_U8 The leg that supports the outboard side of the table is a "monopod" intended for cameras, they're cheap, light and adjustable. It attaches to the bottom of the table with thumbscrews - I made it removable to minimize the thickness of the stored table.

And how it stows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QFMI_2TtVc I've still got a few features to add, stay tuned...
Old 06-20-2017, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

That is so cool ! What a great addition to the Camping World aspects of the JK. I'll be $aving up for this !
Old 06-20-2017, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Four Low
That is so cool ! What a great addition to the Camping World aspects of the JK. I'll be $aving up for this !
Thanks . I have no idea if this setup will ever be a commercial product, I just did it because Dometic offered up a fridge and MORryde offered a slide and it it seemed like an interesting design challenge. I'll make the design available to them but I have no idea if they'll want to turn it into a product.

If they don't decide to turn it into a product, people can pick up a MORryde slide, three $8 folding tables at WalMart, a bit of hardware, fabricate a few simple brackets, mix it all together and you're off in the wild having a picnic with a cold one. Oh, almost forgot, $3.50 at JoAnn Fabric for a yard of Gingham vinyl tablecloth fabric. .

I have a couple of other features I plan to add to it, but I probably won't get to them until next week - next on my agenda is making the molds for the rear flat fenders and molding the first pair of fenders in those molds.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Watched the videos again, that is a pretty pimp setup. Wouldnt work for me but a well laid out idea.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by akpostal
Watched the videos again, that is a pretty pimp setup. Wouldnt work for me but a well laid out idea.
Thanks! There's never enough space in a Wrangler, so my goal was to provide as much table space as you might get if you carried a separate table but design it so that it folds and stows and doesn't take up any more space than the fridge alone would take up. I think I've achieved that
Old 06-23-2017, 04:38 AM
JK Super Freak

I made the molds for the rear flat fenders yesterday. What they looked like after curing overnight:

Trimmed/demolded/washed:

The mold surfaces are perfect, these molds will make very nice fenders. I'll probably make the first set of fenders in these molds tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Count Down begins !

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop