Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 08-02-2017, 10:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
Thank u for clearing up the draw on these. And also a description of wiring method .
id imagine id use 6 all together . prob 4 up front and two in the back after seeing the pics of light they throw . Have u noted the life expectancy of one of these ?
The LEDs in the pods are manufactured by Cree and are advertised to have a life expectancy of 100,000 hours (Why Cree LED). I haven't tested that because it would take at least 11 years if I left them on constantly: 100,000 hours / 24 hours in a day = 4166 days, divided by 365 days per year = 11.4 years.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default lol

yeh i can understand your not testing it for this long ... hope you post when they are available . Already getting antzee with the looks of them. im not crazy over large lighting . These look perfect for my need. low profile yet a
tactical appearance !

Last edited by jeepmojo; 08-02-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
yeh i can understand your not testing it for this long ... hope you post when they are available . Already getting antzee with the looks of them. im not crazy over large lighting . These look perfect for my need. low profile yet a
tactical appearance !
That's exactly why I did the project - I don't like huge lights or light bars all over the Jeep so when I found these very small LED pods and saw how much light they put out I decided they were worth designing a system of brackets for and finding a company that would be interested in retailing them.

Today I was copied on an email from the light pod manufacturer to the Jeep accessories retailer with a tracking number for the initial LED shipment, so I know those are on the way to the retailer. I don't know what the status of all of the brackets are but I believe the retailer placed the manufacturing order for those a few weeks ago, so everything is in motion for a release soon.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:20 PM
JK Super Freak

A week or two ago I posted some photos I took when I tried a vintage Kaiser-era Jeep emblem on the JK grille. It was worth a try, but it didn't look quite right. Here's one of those photos:

One of the things I thought was wrong with the look was that the emblem was too large for the JK grille.

I came across a scaled-down replica the other day, and to me this one looks pretty nice (the front fenders are off because I'm in the middle of painting them):

The replica is cast metal and chromed just like the original - it's a pretty high quality piece. Here's a comparison between the original and the scaled-down replica:

Old 08-04-2017, 06:13 AM
JK Super Freak

This morning I shot the flat fenders with Deep Cherry Red Pearl base coat color followed by clear.

Probably will reinstall them on the Jeep tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:54 PM
JK Super Freak

This afternoon the clear has cured enough to handle so I took the fenders off the painting stands and removed the masking which kept the red paint off the black fiberglass on the inside. I could have installed them this afternoon but I'll let the clear cure overnight and do it tomorrow.

Old 08-05-2017, 05:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too Pretty to get Dirty, or scratched ! I think the Scaled Down Badge would look good on the side panel, where the "Trail Rated" badge is. The grill location is "original", but like it uncluttered. Jerry Can holders come off mine in Winter, so would be a Seasonal thing
Old 08-05-2017, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Finished the flat fender project.

The following users liked this post:
FarFromStock (01-09-2018)
Old 08-05-2017, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak

A few more photos.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak