Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Custom modular JK hardtop

Old 11-27-2017, 04:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see job site tool boxes mounted on the hinges, slender drop down lid, acts as a small work surface, tools clipped into stationary part of container. K9 gear, all kinds of items, imagine !
Old 11-27-2017, 01:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Four Low
I can see job site tool boxes mounted on the hinges, slender drop down lid, acts as a small work surface, tools clipped into stationary part of container. K9 gear, all kinds of items, imagine !
Thanks. I can see lots of other uses for bolting things to the hinges too, but for now the only one I'm going to turn over for production is the hinge-mounted steps. The other things like the Rotopax carrier and HiLift carrier I did just as a test, I doubt there would be enough interest in those.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:51 PM
JK Super Freak

At the invitation of MORryde, I spent today at the RV Industry Association's annual industry-only trade show in Louisville, Kentucky. For those not familiar with MORryde, in addition to their line of Jeep products, they've been on of the key components suppliers to the RV industry for over 50 years, so they have a pretty good presence at the RVIA show.

They showed the two upcoming Jeep products they debuted at SEMA - the JK Overland Rack (with my minor addition to support HiLift jacks) and the Trail Kitchen. When they told me at SEMA that they planned to show those products at RVIA I didn't know if it made sense, because they're Jeep products, not RV products. But as t turned out, the products generated a surprisingly large amount of interest among the RVIA crowd. I spent some time in the booth listening to the questions asked and comments made by people and was surprised by the interest. So good call by MORryde.

I enjoyed my day at RVIA, checked out lots of RV components that might make sense on the Jeep/overlanding world and also checking out all of the smaller camp trailers (I spent zero time looking at the many huge multi-hundred-thousand-dollar RV's). As I sort through the many photos I took if there's I think are worth posting I will.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Practical, ingenious, takes the "Primitive" out of Camping. Will be interested to see your take on the small camping trailers
Old 11-29-2017, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Practical, ingenious, takes the "Primitive" out of Camping. Will be interested to see your take on the small camping trailers
Now that would be interesting!
Old 11-29-2017, 05:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Will be interested to see your take on the small camping trailers
My quick take on all of the small camp trailers at the show is that none of them would really do well following a Jeep on the typical trails I do. I still have to go through my photos to see if there's anything worth posting.

Another thing I did at the show, I met with several RV plumbing component suppliers - one of the optional features I want to make available in the production version of the Trail Kitchen is a sink and I was exploring options to get water to it.

I've done a prototype sink already, and it worked out very well:

The prototype spigot is gravity-fed from the Rubican container mounted on the side of the fridge, and flow is very good, but I've wanted to include a pump more flexibility in the placement of the water source - the gravity-fed prototype required that the outlet of the water source be above the sink spigot.

Long story short on the meetings at the show, I've got several samples being shipped to me - below is a very small 12v pump that'll work very well for the sink.

I've also got a cool folding faucet coming my way. When I get the samples in hand and connect them to the sink I'll post about it.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jscherb
My quick take on all of the small camp trailers at the show is that none of them would really do well following a Jeep on the typical trails I do. I still have to go through my photos to see if there's anything worth posting.
I went through my photos; there were two that should be capable of following a Jeep on the trails I typically do. On the left is the Woolly Bear Trek which is basically a chuck wagon designed to carry a roof top tent. On the right is the Tiger Moth, which has a sleeping area inside. I believe both start at around $12,000.

The rest of the small campers I took photos of really would be limited to 2wd dirt roads at best, or would be too large to be towed by a typical Wrangler and too large to negotiate tight trails, so I won't post photos of any of them.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

I made a few minor tweaks to the design of the JL Grille Kit for the JK in this revision.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jscherb
I made a few minor tweaks to the design of the JL Grille Kit for the JK in this revision.

I'm kinda dign on this..I like the look!
Old 12-01-2017, 04:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Trying out several different turn signals...

Factory CJ-7 turn signals might be a little large for this grille:

Factory CJ-2a turn signals are a little better sized. Being domed, they stick out a bit:

The ones I posted yesterday:

I'll be making the mold so any of the above could be installed, and could be installed outboard of the headlights like the stock JK grille, centered under the headlights, or inboard CJ-style.

Quick Reply: Custom modular JK hardtop