Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Dana 60 in the front?!

Old 07-11-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Woody99
If you wanna play, your gonna have to pay. A properly built 44 is strong, but expect to have 4-5k in it. If you want piece of mind, and less likely hood of breaking, step it up a notch to a 60. A 60 will still break, but a lot less likely. I went to a 60 right from the beginning as I have too spent $$ on axles other than 60's. I believe I have around 7K or so in my front 60. Money well spent IMHO. Yesterday afternoon on a whim, I drove from my house to the Rubicon did a little fishing and drove home without any worries. If I had a 44, I would have been a bit more concerned and may have not went.
GREAT ADVICE! I couldn't agree more. I live 2+ hours from the major trails here and wouldn't even think of not trailering mine right now!!!

But if I had 60's... I may drive to moab and back!!!!
Old 07-11-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Built front 44

Originally Posted by JKBenB
Just throwin this out there... you could order a Mopar 44 from Offroad evolution and have them build it up for you. Not sure what their pricing runs, but I figured I'd add this to the mix.
Yea, I have been there / done that and don't want to go back!!! My last XJ had a built 44 in the front that I dropped 5K on and a rear 60 and the front ujoints broke quite regularly when on rocks just crawling. The rear NEVER broke once.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I agree with you that it works for most people, and even in my case a broken you joint occasionally isn't a big deal.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepnboy
From what I have read and seen, a rubicon 44 front end is sufficient for 37s. Unless you are real extreme, this may be a way to save some dollars for another component. Just my 2 cents.
I think I agree with you, but I have a very flexy LONG ARM suspension with ALOT of travel and am locked front and rear by ARB's. I like to get articulated and push the limits of the geometry. I think that even with 37's that is hard on the drivetrain, especially the front when you have the weight of the vehicle coming down on one wheel and are expecting it to "drive you up and out" of something etc...

I am afraid driving like this building up a 44 may not be enough!
Old 07-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
WHEN IS THE FRONT 60 COMING OUT????
You can come down and drool at the R&D one.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would love to get my hand on a set of 60's with ARB's in them both!! But sadly I dont have the money for them... at least not YET!!
Old 07-12-2009, 12:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
You can come down and drool at the R&D one.
I suppose asking for pics is still outta the question then....
Old 07-12-2009, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

I do only live 15 minutes away from the shop.....I'll be there in the morning to drool....
Old 07-12-2009, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Drool away!

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
I do only live 15 minutes away from the shop.....I'll be there in the morning to drool....
Would love to check it out! Take photos!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

What is the rough price set at this moment for the front Teraflex 60? If it's good then I'll wait till January instead of buying my 60's in the next few months.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:17 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aussieguy
What is the rough price set at this moment for the front Teraflex 60? If it's good then I'll wait till January instead of buying my 60's in the next few months.
oooh I'd love to post that but can't, TeraFlex will offer a package deal that will make you big time. Trust me, wait for it.

Quick Reply: Dana 60 in the front?!