Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Engine swap

Old 08-21-2008, 08:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by The Diesel
your not gonna beat a ZO6 lol
I have extreme doubts myself. I have learned through the years though, never say never. LOL
Old 08-21-2008, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HITMONEY
The mounting plate that you are looking for doesn't exist to my knowledge. You are going to have to fab it up.. but as others have stated, the stock tranny will not hold up to a 6.0 LS2... well maybe it will work... once.

You are better off going with the proven and available 6.4 Hemi swap... contact Burnsville Offroad.

burnsvilleoffroad.com/default.aspx
Belive me LS engine series is the best. In addition they are reliable, when I post this thread I knew that there will be some advices to swap with Hemi engines. Frankly, I don't like Hemi engines it's my openion .
Old 08-21-2008, 03:58 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Khalid
...... My only problem I faced is the adaptor between the transmission and the engine if some one can help I really appreciate it and thanks again.
Dont know if this was mentioned already, but have you tried contacting advance adapters? Maybe they have an adapter that you need or can fab one up for you....Would like to see the finished product..Keep us posted/updated..Best of luck...

http://www. advanceadapters.com/contact.html
Old 08-21-2008, 04:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just use an LS engine and transmission/transfer case outta a late model Chevy 4X4 truck. Use the ecu and all. Problem solved.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

I have contacted Novak Adaptors in Logan Ut, USA and they ganna provide me the adaptor & the engine mounts. My question is can I bypass the ABS and the traction sys.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think you'll already be bypassed.

I'm guessing you'll have to run a GM ECU for this, which will not have the interface for the Daimler/Chrysler ESP, TCS, or ABS.

The other thing to think about is the drive-by-wire system. You may need to install a GM accelerator pedal/system as well to interface with the LS2 electronics.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ryanm
I think you'll already be bypassed.

I'm guessing you'll have to run a GM ECU for this, which will not have the interface for the Daimler/Chrysler ESP, TCS, or ABS.

The other thing to think about is the drive-by-wire system. You may need to install a GM accelerator pedal/system as well to interface with the LS2 electronics.
Yeah you r right Ryanm thanks a lot buddy.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Check out Off Road Evolution I think they are doing something like this but with Gm Tranny.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
I am having a 426c" (7 liter ) JK Unlimited built just for SEMA, larger cam, forged pistons, 600hp, and it all works using brand new Chrysler parts and a proven track record. I am not sure what there is not to like about a Hemi. I would strongly suggest that you consider it. Let me know if I can help, will be more than happy to assist, best I can, and I have a Hemi jeep in Dubai, maybe my guy can meet up with you and let you take a peek. Camp
We did many Jk's with Hemi engines and I have tried many of them and they were awesome, but I don't like Hemi cause It's straight forward and can be swaped in no time. I wanna somthing challenge, reliable and powerful and It's Ls2 6.0.....
Old 08-22-2008, 09:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Khalid
We did many Jk's with Hemi engines and I have tried many of them and they were awesome, but I don't like Hemi cause It's straight forward and can be swaped in no time. I wanna somthing challenge, reliable and powerful and It's Ls2 6.0.....
A Hemi swap, or any motor swap, is no walk in the park as far as the challenge is concerned.

I can appreciate for sure what you are saying though, as far as wanting something challenging. I just think it might be biting off a little too much.

----------------
Now playing: Boards Of Canada - 1969
via FoxyTunes

Quick Reply: Engine swap