Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!

Old 10-07-2017, 05:15 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I made the switch to the KO2s in hopes that they won't have as many flat tires. You may recall that Ray had two fail on his Jeep during our Al-Can trip (though I didn't have any). I'm hoping that the JO2s are every bit as good as the Duratracs on snow, sand and wet pavement, but have a stronger resistance to punctures and sidewall damage. Right now, they've done just fine on wet pavement. Not sure how they'll do in the snow. Ask me next spring. ;-)

The chains are mostly just in case of two things:

1. I get caught in ice on an upcoming trip. Probably won't happen, but just in case.

2. When I go out west, sometimes I've needed to reroute around passes that were closed except for 4WD vehicles with chains on all tires. So I'll be prepared (I bought two sets).
Old 10-07-2017, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I made the switch to the KO2s in hopes that they won't have as many flat tires. You may recall that Ray had two fail on his Jeep during our Al-Can trip (though I didn't have any). I'm hoping that the JO2s are every bit as good as the Duratracs on snow, sand and wet pavement, but have a stronger resistance to punctures and sidewall damage. Right now, they've done just fine on wet pavement. Not sure how they'll do in the snow. Ask me next spring. ;-)

1. I get caught in ice on an upcoming trip. Probably won't happen, but just in case.

2. When I go out west, sometimes I've needed to reroute around passes that were closed except for 4WD vehicles with chains on all tires. So I'll be prepared (I bought two sets).
Thanks! Keep us posted on how those KO2's do. My KM2's might just make it to Spring.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mark, what chains did you end up with? I want a couple of sets for in the Jeep in winter if we're heading up to the passes.

Surprised you didn't consider the Falkens, we're loving ours.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:18 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by kmrtnsn
Mark, what chains did you end up with? I want a couple of sets for in the Jeep in winter if we're heading up to the passes. ....
I went with these ...

https://www.etrailer.com/Tire-Chains...r/PW2037C.html

Several issues. First, at extreme stuff and turn, I have slight rubbing. So I wanted the lowest profile chains possible, figuring extreme stuff on ice is not something I'd anticipate. Second, my tire size is difficult to find chains that fit. This is due both to limited offerings for my tires, and because the tire manufacturers do a lot of fudging of that "35 inch" tire size that screws up chain fitting. After communicating with a couple vendors, I came to the conclusion that they don't really like to sell chains for that tire size because they have too many returns. One even offered to contact the manufacturer before committing to confirm that the chains I was considering would actually fit my tires and vehicle. I LOL'd at the "my vehicle" part of that, since obviously they have no clue with all of my mods. Anyway, these would not be the best performer, but they are legal when state laws require chains on tires. And should help on ice, should I encounter that. If you have plenty of clearance, you may wish to go with something a bit beefier.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I welded extra links to my 33" chains to fit my 35"s. 33" are the largest size you can buy at an affordable price.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:45 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Some friends from Oregon, Florida, Arizona and Oklahoma spent a few days in The Maze District, Canyonlands National Park, UT. Here is the teaser video. Will provide a few photos soon ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs9801YyIOc
Old 11-10-2017, 11:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice rig! What tires and lift are those?

Originally Posted by cradled
Threw together a quick trip with the family through the Ouray, Silverton, Durango area. I posted up in the Four Corners area, but basically did that area, Canyon of the Ancients and Monument Valley.

The following users liked this post:
JRD725 (01-04-2018)
Old 11-10-2017, 11:46 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

A few stills from last week's trip to The Maze District, Canyonlands National Park, UT. More in my public album here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=d48dc905ad

My friend's Jeep on the descent of the Flint Trail Switchbacks ...

Returning from our campsite at Cleopatra's Chair (where it was extremely windy--at least gale force, possibly gusting to hurricane--and damaging our tent a bit) ...

The video of this is actually better because it shows that is the wind, not other vehicles, kicking up that dust ...

Our campsite at Ekker Butte. The other half of our five ship crew would camp at Millard, closer to the Green River. In the background is the well-known Candlestick formation. It is along the popular White Rim Trail, but to get from there to our camp at Ekker is a two day, mostly off-highway journey of 200 miles.

Three Jeeps, a Toyota Four Runner and a GMC pick-up made the trip (I drove ahead a couple miles, then waited to get this shot so mine is not in it) ...
Old 11-13-2017, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice job Mark
Old 11-23-2017, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

A few stills from last week's trip to The Maze District, Canyonlands National Park, UT. More in my public album here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=d48dc905ad

My friend's Jeep on the descent of the Flint Trail Switchbacks ...

Returning from our campsite at Cleopatra's Chair (where it was extremely windy--at least gale force, possibly gusting to hurricane--and damaging our tent a bit) ...

The video of this is actually better because it shows that is the wind, not other vehicles, kicking up that dust ...

Our campsite at Ekker Butte. The other half of our five ship crew would camp at Millard, closer to the Green River. In the background is the well-known Candlestick formation. It is along the popular White Rim Trail, but to get from there to our camp at Ekker is a two day, mostly off-highway journey of 200 miles.

Three Jeeps, a Toyota Four Runner and a GMC pick-up made the trip (I drove ahead a couple miles, then waited to get this shot so mine is not in it) ...
How much extra gas did you have/take with you on entry into the park?

Quick Reply: Expedition Modded Jeeps - Let's see 'em!!