Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hidden Winch on Factory Front Bumper

Old 01-07-2008, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here is mine

Originally Posted by davebloomer
I used this write up https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...y+winch+bumper
the only thing i would recommend to anyone doing this is when cutting the plastic bumper cut it as if to install the fairlead first then the bumper.
meaning the fair lead should go in behind the plastic so that you don't have to cut such a big hole in the front of the bumper like mine. not to mention i cut to far to the left about 1/2 an inch. all in all im happy with it.
I used the mile marker winch plate and the mile marker pe8000 winch.
it was nice to be able to do this since im saving for rocker guards but wanted a winch

I'm kinda anal so I cut everything by hand and there are no gaps.

Last edited by KMHENRY77; 01-07-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

you guys do some great work... what did everybody use to cut the plastic? any metal cuts?

thanks!
Old 01-07-2008, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Cutting tool

I used a part of my Sawzall, it came with a handle that looks similar to a screw driver which accepts the regular old Sawzall blades. The blades are stiff enough they don't bend easily and with a fine tooth blade you can make smooth cuts. A pencil works well to mark the bumper and you can see it very well. After the cuts I lightly sanded with a block sander and #320 to make my cuts perfect.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are definate metal cuts if you do the hidden install that i did.
it takes quite a bit of cutting that thin metal bumper..
it's a fun mod get out there and try it!

and for the plastic cuts it works well to heat it up with a propane torch (13$$ at walmart) and then use a utility knife.

Last edited by davebloomer; 01-07-2008 at 07:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Hidden Winch on Factory Front Bumper