Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

HotHead Headliner Review - seeing is believing !!

Old 02-12-2017, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile HotHead Headliner Review - seeing is believing !!

So, I've only had my Jeep for about a month and half and like many, found the road noise louder than I'd like. Searched high & low and found many raving about the HotHead Headliners. I took the plunge and ordered the full kit last week which included the Sound Deadener but wanted to do more. After the HotHeads arrived, I noticed the Freedom Panels had a gap between the 3M strips and decided on adding duct insulation from FrostKing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep-FrostKig1.jpg
Views:	839
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	666364

....and it fit perfectly.

Name:	Jeep-BackSideFrostKing.jpg
Views:	1076
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	666367

Before adding them though, I also painted them black and it turned out AWESOME!

Name:	Jeep-HotHeadBlackDone.jpg
Views:	1148
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	666376

After installing the freedom panel HotHeads, I wanted to finish the install so I cranked up the heat to brig the temperature up so the 3M tape would properly stick. After going back inside to wait, about 10 minutes later I looked outside to see visible evidence the HotHeads were indeed keeping the heat in. In this pic you can clearly see the section where the HotHead panels were installed and still had snow above them while the rest of the Jeep had almost melted away.

Name:	Jeep-outside.jpg
Views:	1195
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	666378

Even more amazing was when I then decided to take some temperature readings. Here you can see the temperature reading of the HotHeads in the Freedom panel section was at about 90°F.

Name:	Jeep-InsideHotHead1.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	1,002.4 KB
ID:	666379
...and the temperature reading in the rear passenger area was at 74.3°F. Clearing showing a significant heat-loss.

Name:	Jeep-InsideBare1.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	666380

After installing the sound deadner and HotHeads in the rear passenger area, about another 25+ minutes had passed and with it, the temperature had risen to 105.8°F

Name:	Jeep-InsideHotHead2.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	512.5 KB
ID:	666381

Amazingly the temperature in the cargo section was only reading 55.2°F.

Name:	Jeep-InsideBare2.jpg
Views:	673
Size:	536.0 KB
ID:	666382

This was while the passenger area's temp was reading 105°F. Definitely a clear sign how well the HotHeads help keep the heat in.

As for the sound-deadening, HUGE improvement. Big test will be when I hit the highway but some short drives around I definitely see a huge reduction of the wind & road noise.

//D
Old 02-13-2017, 09:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It makes a world of difference in the summer time. The a/c cools quicker and stays colder plus the reduction in noise & the radio sounds better.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Many Thanks!

Thanks for taking the time to do such a thorough review. We always knew our headliners would make a big difference in cold climates, and have heard many positive things from customers, but visual proof is the best.
For anyone else out there thinking about getting a set of Hothead Headliners we are having a Winter Special. Here's a link to our web site: Hothead Headliners All the info is there along with pics & videos.
If you every have any questions just give us a shout:
hotheadheadliners@gmail.com
714-872-2071

best regards,

Mark

Quick Reply: HotHead Headliner Review - seeing is believing !!