Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Hothead Headliner: what color?

Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hothead Headliner: what color?

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place for this.

I'm thinking about getting a full Hothead headliner set for my 2012 JKUR. My interior is black & I can see why Chrysler went with white for the underside of the top: it would be a cave in there are night if it was all black.

Having said that, if you got the Hothead headlier & you have a black interior, what color did you get & how is that working out for you?

The lightest color they offer is light gray & I'm thinking that might look weird.

Pics welcome & thx in advance for sharing!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can't really speak on a color, but I can tell you this.

I just installed the brown headliner kit to match the brown saddle leather seats. I can tell you that the panels have really reduced to heat in the interior.Yesterday after work we were close to 90 degrees here in VA.

The interior was no warmer than an average car and cooled down completely with in 10 minutes of driving, this was definitely not the case last year with my 2010 JKU Rubicon. These were my first mod on my 2012 JKU Rubicon and I am very please with the look, fitment and quality of the product, they actually look OEM which is very important to me.

Last edited by ddhowel; 04-17-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:15 AM
JK Newbie

I went with Graphite and I really love mine. I wanted to try to match the rest of my interior as best as i could.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:03 AM
JK Freak

I have grey seats and a black headliner. I like the black better and there's still a good amount of white exposed on the panels.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

don't remember exactly the color but mine are a medium gray. i like the lighter color and less black.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks all for the quick responses -- this forum rocks!

Any pix of black interior with gray headliner? (please?)
Old 04-17-2012, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I could not agree any more! ddhowel is rite on the money, The fit and finish on these are OEM quality if not BETTER! The temp thing is great too, I live in North Indiana and when it gets cold here you could feel the cold air from the roof panels on the top of your head. And in the summer the heat radiation on your noggin is no fun either, but Not after the Hot Headliner panels were installed! These are Great!!
Sorry for rambling, I have the Mango Tango Orange with the Black & Tan two tone interior and the Black matches Great!
JMHO!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's a pic of mine when I did my install (hadn't put in the front pieces yet). I went with the standard Graphite color. Really like it. Keeps the noise & heat at a much more manageable level.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I forgot to say anything about the noise.... What a difference in noise, I thought the tires were loud. I would say, The new headliner panels makes the jeep sound more like a nice quiet car feel!
I Love them!!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered mine a couple days ago and ordered black, I'm glad there's people on here that like them and say they work....

Quick Reply: Hothead Headliner: what color?