Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeepbronco1 SUT build (my mini truck build)

Old 05-20-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cage time!

Metal is purchased! DOM 1.75 , .120 wall, ! Built the brackets for the front part of the cage last week . DERN (danny) loaned me a real bender ! Work starts tomorrow!

looks odd with nothing!

here what the top cage is gonna look like from above and side, one is with a removable back brace

Heres a concept photo if the top color matched..... just a thought

or

or

Old 05-20-2011, 07:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone catch me up on whats going on I've been absent.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

i like the third photo
Old 05-20-2011, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Third Photo! Then is probably the most completely Wrangler I have ever seen but You can also never be done when Modding a Rig!
Old 05-20-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepbronco1
I appreciate it yall!!

Funny you say that.... My pops mentioned it as well but as much work one would need to do with the kit it might not be worth it for most... but who knows you might be on to something.
Actually I disagree about the amount of work. If you get with a manufacturer. Looks like you could make this a bolt on kit with minimum work. Kit would include full roll bar replacement - bolt out then bolt in. Manufactured top then a bolt in bulkhead behind the seat. The hardest part would be drilling holes and fitting the bulk head. I know there is more to it than that but most of the work is custom fitting and modifying existing parts. If you had the all the parts in a kit I would think it could be mostly bolt off then bolt on. Even the side rails can be an option that just bolt right on. you should consider getting a patent on your design.
I know the cost to the consumer would be high but a lot of people would like the whole pickup concept.
Definately get a patent. DC might pay for it just to make it an option like the Hummer SUT.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

#2 is the coolest! I also think a patten on it should be looked into.... But sell it ... Because so many "stupid" people sue someone at the drop of a hat now days. If it rolls going down the interstate at 80. Somebody going to need a bunch of attorneys like Chrysler has to cover there A$$. Then again my beer is half empty.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd like to see it with only the top in black, ie, no black coloring on the doors. I've personally never been a fan of black or half black doors.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by emoody007
Actually I disagree about the amount of work. If you get with a manufacturer. Looks like you could make this a bolt on kit with minimum work. Kit would include full roll bar replacement - bolt out then bolt in. Manufactured top then a bolt in bulkhead behind the seat. The hardest part would be drilling holes and fitting the bulk head. I know there is more to it than that but most of the work is custom fitting and modifying existing parts. If you had the all the parts in a kit I would think it could be mostly bolt off then bolt on. Even the side rails can be an option that just bolt right on. you should consider getting a patent on your design.
I know the cost to the consumer would be high but a lot of people would like the whole pickup concept.
Definately get a patent. DC might pay for it just to make it an option like the Hummer SUT.
Your right I should seriously look into it ..... and ya once all the parts are made for easy install it really would be a quick and easy to do...
Old 05-21-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

This thing is freakin sweet!
Old 05-22-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

everything is tacked up. still have lots of work but Ive made progress! I know its not the craziest cage out there but im happy with my first cage build.... gonna add the hole thing look in between the two parallel bars.

first bend with this bender ! pretty badass i gotta say

also busted my thumb with the bender... user error

also gonna add handles , tube behind front seats for harness, more triangulation.

thinking bout another set of rails to go on if i were to run bikini top for long period of time, but seeing its my daily driver probably wont sport topples all that much!

Quick Reply: Jeepbronco1 SUT build (my mini truck build)