Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeepbronco1 SUT build (my mini truck build)

 
Old 07-05-2015, 03:30 AM
  #301  
JK Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
jeepbronco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio tx
Posts: 284
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
This build inspired me to join the site. Curious how did you acheive the rear stretch and what brand is the lift? All i ever see are 1" stretch 4dr kits.
Thank you ! It's RK long arm lift and then I just moved the brackets further back . So you can achieve whatever stretch you need . Hope it helps !
jeepbronco1 is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 03:30 AM
  #302  
JK Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
jeepbronco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio tx
Posts: 284
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Chapman89 View Post
Wow this thing is sick! Nice build!
Thanks man !
jeepbronco1 is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 08:13 AM
  #303  
JK Newbie
 
Squatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jeepbronco1 View Post
Thank you ! It's RK long arm lift and then I just moved the brackets further back . So you can achieve whatever stretch you need . Hope it helps !
Thanks for the answer. Did you have to adjust the front out any to clear the 41s at full stuff and full turn?
Squatch is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 08:34 AM
  #304  
JK Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
jeepbronco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio tx
Posts: 284
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
Thanks for the answer. Did you have to adjust the front out any to clear the 41s at full stuff and full turn?
I moved the front forward a few inches as well , but I do rub on full lock . A ford d60 has 8" of ram movement and stock jeep has 6" if I recall correctly . I had to restrict my ram to 8" for both my steering box and other wise id rub big time .

You can special order from RK your control arms . You can get them with less bend as well as longer . If my link were straigher I could have less rub . Also you will need to notch the frame unless you go quiet a bit wider , You will have rubbing issues there. All in all it rubs a little here and there but it isn't enough for me to worry about
jeepbronco1 is offline  
Old 07-05-2015, 12:28 PM
  #305  
JK Newbie
 
Squatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jeepbronco1 View Post
I moved the front forward a few inches as well , but I do rub on full lock . A ford d60 has 8" of ram movement and stock jeep has 6" if I recall correctly . I had to restrict my ram to 8" for both my steering box and other wise id rub big time .

You can special order from RK your control arms . You can get them with less bend as well as longer . If my link were straigher I could have less rub . Also you will need to notch the frame unless you go quiet a bit wider , You will have rubbing issues there. All in all it rubs a little here and there but it isn't enough for me to worry about
So mainly rubbing on the control arms? I thought the bend was inboard of the jeep? Exactly where did you notch the frame and would you happen to have a pic of that?What exactly is your WMS around 70" with a d60? Sorry for all the questions but your the only person i have found runnign the same tire combo and lift height that im after.
Squatch is offline  
Old 07-06-2015, 03:27 AM
  #306  
JK Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
jeepbronco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio tx
Posts: 284
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
So mainly rubbing on the control arms? I thought the bend was inboard of the jeep? Exactly where did you notch the frame and would you happen to have a pic of that?What exactly is your WMS around 70" with a d60? Sorry for all the questions but your the only person i have found runnign the same tire combo and lift height that im after.

No prob I asked tons of questions to ...

I don't have pictures of the frame notch . The control arms will get a little rub either way but a straighter control arm in the front will give you more up travel . The control arms make contact with the frame due to there upward bend and the low lift ... So I had to use more bumpstops to avoid that . I still get 4" of up travel but could have more if you wanted it and wanted to stay low . My wms is 69" I want to go wider when I get new wheels which would help with rubbing .
jeepbronco1 is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 03:59 PM
  #307  
JK Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
jeepbronco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio tx
Posts: 284
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

V8 swap complete! boy its fun
jeepbronco1 is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 07:34 AM
  #308  
JK Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Rutland, Ma
Posts: 2
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I have a few questions for you I also want to put 42s under mine with 3.5 lift. Did you ever take measurements of your stretch like control arms, track width and wheelbase measurements? I am on a RK 3.5 mid arm now. Do you have anymore pics of how you did your fenders and armor? Thanks!
Ducttape4all is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 06:41 PM
  #309  
JK Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
jeepbronco1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Antonio tx
Posts: 284
Likes: 0
Recieved 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

I might have more pictures buried in past post.... I have more stuff on similar threads on JKO . I do not have any exact measurements of mounting points but I took the measurements RK gave and just moved the back 2-3 and the front forward about 1-2. Hope that helps . If you need any exact measurements let me know.
jeepbronco1 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Ducttape4all (12-11-2018)
Old 01-14-2019, 01:22 PM
  #310  
JK Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Rutland, Ma
Posts: 2
Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Can you take the measurements of your rear control arms for me. Are they in the stock locations? My direct email is [email protected] I am moving forward with my build right now. Thank you!!
Ducttape4all is offline  
 


Quick Reply: Jeepbronco1 SUT build (my mini truck build)


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: