Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeeper for years. New to a JKU

Old 01-10-2019, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeeper for years. New to a JKU

Hi all, I’ve been a jeeper for years but new to the JK. I had a built ZJ on one tons and 42’s but sold it and relocated to the east coast. Just picked up a 2008 JKU. It’s got a lift and wheels/tires and bumpers. Not sure of plans for it yet but I’ll probably go no bigger than 37’s. Can a Dana 30 be built to handle that or junk it and find a 44? Also Does anyone make a roof rack for the soft top like this has? It’s also got a ace rear bumper with spare mounted up high so I’m not sure if that would interfere with a rack. I’m outside Raleigh N.C. If anyone is close and knows where to wheel.

Heres the new (to me) rig

Old failful.

Last edited by lx2gt; 01-10-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice JK! I think most will agree that if you plan on doing any wheeling with 37's, you should find a Dana 44.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wandell
Nice JK! I think most will agree that if you plan on doing any wheeling with 37's, you should find a Dana 44.
thanks. Tires a decent so I’ll probably wait till it needs new ones then step up in size and look for a 44.

Quick Reply: Jeeper for years. New to a JKU