Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeeps and Campers

Old 03-09-2010, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

camper is a 07 rockwood freedom
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	38507   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1835.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	38508  
Old 03-31-2010, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

For those who are towing campers. Would it benefit to try and change shift points to compensate for the extra weight? I just bought one of the AEV ProCals, and am towing a small pop-up to Moab. I threw my stock wheels/tires back on for the 7 hour drive to and from, so I'm back to stock drivetrain-wise. But still wonder if the ProCal can help in any way... especially in the altitude climb from Phoenix to Flagstaff. If not, I'll just turn off the O/D and roll with it.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Brake Controller????

What brake controller is everyone running? I have a Prodigy from a previous vehicle and I am having trouble locating a wiring harness for the Jeep. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jayerouth
What brake controller is everyone running? I have a Prodigy from a previous vehicle and I am having trouble locating a wiring harness for the Jeep. Any help would be appreciated.
I bought the 7pin wiring harness from the dealer.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Picture is a little foggy due to rainy weather, but I just used my popup for the first time on a trip to Rausch Creek. It is a 12' Fleetwood Bayside.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Running with the Equalizer WDH and Prodigy brake controller....I added a backup cam to the back of the Jeep and back of the trailer as well, running to the MyGig.

Yoke
Old 04-27-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Default Building my own camper

I know I'm a little late with this post, I'm a new member. I thought some of you would find this interesting.
I am building a camper top for my 07' Wrangler, this is my second attempt. The first one was too big, so I scaled back,redesigned, made it a pop-up. I have driven with it on for weeks now, and have not noticed any problems with my driving performance. I'm not finished yet, will add tent surround to open space, and solar power with small t.v.,coffemaker,lights.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	002..jpg
Views:	1115
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	63455   Click image for larger version

Name:	001..jpg
Views:	1048
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	63456  
Old 04-27-2010, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rhinorigs
I know I'm a little late with this post, I'm a new member. I thought some of you would find this interesting.
I am building a camper top for my 07' Wrangler, this is my second attempt. The first one was too big, so I scaled back,redesigned, made it a pop-up. I have driven with it on for weeks now, and have not noticed any problems with my driving performance. I'm not finished yet, will add tent surround to open space, and solar power with small t.v.,coffemaker,lights.
Heh... I like, unique.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

Default Do you have more photos? Any of the interior yet?

Very cool direction to take things in.

I've been thinking about the camper top quite a bit for the JK. What are you thinking of doing on the inside?

Some things I've been considering:
1. removing rear seats.
2. creating a flat floor with some hidden storage in the foot wells.
3. building in storage around the rear roll-cage areas
4. adding extra power ports back there for lights, charging etc...

Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-27-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rhinorigs
I like the concept a lot, keep us posted as you progess. looks great.

Quick Reply: Jeeps and Campers