Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK stuck :( Shovel mount anyone?

Old 12-06-2006, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Real nice job there, and I wouldnt let it get to me most people are to chicken XXXX to take a new JK out in the woods any way, and by the way are there any good spots to go mudding up there, outside of richmond? I hate driving 3 hours up to the mountains to go get dirty.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:25 AM
JK Super Freak

That was actually in Fredricksburg, about 45 minutes north of Richmond.
I still wheel a lot with my old Xterra club, VAXC.org, we have lots of trips, there are a few semi-close spots, like Shoe Creek (south of Charlottesville off 33), Flagpole and DryRiver (up near Harrisonburg) and some small spots here and there, i.e. powerline trails...

Good news on the Hi-Lift... it fits under the back seats! so it's there for now, until i can figure out a cool way to mount it...
Old 12-06-2006, 10:15 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Underneath the back seats is a great storage area... a couple zip-ties oughtta hold a hi-lift in place under there until you need it. Also, a collapsable shovel will fit in the little storage area underneath the rear cargo. I picked one up from our local surplus store for 7 bucks.

Way to get muddy! :p
Old 12-06-2006, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

i just have the jack laying under there, it's pretty tight fit so it doesn't rattle that much, but i also bought the little handle holder thing. so it keeps the handle from rattling. I was thinking of getting a little bike lock to wrap around the jack and the leg post of the seats for security. and the shovel is an awesome idea, I've been meaning to get to a surplus store to buy E-tool (Marine name for the folding shovel) for years now, just never got around to it... but mine wouldn't fit in the cargo area, b/c i already have tools, 30ft Tow-strap, folding hand saw, and more tools... that i keep in there, i need more secure places to store stuff, and i'm not paying 400 bucks for that Tuffy storage thing either! i'll make my own before i spent that much on a box..

Quick Reply: JK stuck :( Shovel mount anyone?