Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just Completed: Ripp Supercharger install!!

Old 09-24-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VJDJLucy2
I installed mine in may on a friday and blew the axel on sunday doing a burnout,you now have a lot more power be careful.Attachment 215018
Yowch! Sorry to hear, but that's a great pic.

I've got new tires so I won't be spinning too much. It's more the novelty of it that makes me smile...

Also, I just upgraded to chromoly axle shafts in the back and a ProRock 44 unlimited in the front. I don't expect axle trouble, but you never know.

G
Old 09-24-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Freak

That looks like a Vortech unit, does it still require you to tap into the oil pan and run a line for lubrication of the blower? (I know they used too)
Old 09-24-2011, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

When everything comes together for the 2011 i will have another look.. I am seriously heading this way myself. .

How did you source a dyno and are they tuning it? Or are you using a RIPP pre-loaded (off the shelf) tune?

Subscribed.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Steelgrave
That looks like a Vortech unit, does it still require you to tap into the oil pan and run a line for lubrication of the blower? (I know they used too)
Yes it's a Vortech and no, there is no oil pan tap. Self contained
Old 09-24-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dntouch
When everything comes together for the 2011 i will have another look.. I am seriously heading this way myself. .

How did you source a dyno and are they tuning it? Or are you using a RIPP pre-loaded (off the shelf) tune?

Subscribed.

The Ripp kit comes with a Diablo Predator, and Ripp puts a lot of time into getting the tune right and customised to your jeep. I am going to the shop just to get a baseline, tweek if necessary and see if there is anything I missed (first time SC install for me).

Ripp tune off the shelf seems pretty wicked to me. But I have lots of howling and whistling. Still not convinced it's all coming from the bloww off valve
Old 09-24-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4LCKD10RUBIUNLTD
Ive been saving for my RIPP. Im 1/2 way there & getting excited. Thanks for the post to keep me on track. Looks good & very happy for you.
I can definitely recommend it, so far.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let us know if you get the howling and whistling fixed, i would think that to be the biggest pain about the whole thing.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats

I'm saving for ripp too
Old 09-25-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats on the install. I would like to get the ripp eventually too. Sure they will be available for the 2011 by the time I have enough cash for that.
Old 06-21-2018, 12:48 PM
JK Newbie

So, here's a blast from the past... It's time to give an update on how things are going. I've only driven it an additional ~30K miles since 09/2011, but they've been hard miles. The system is still blowing strong and I have only really had two problems.

The first was a couple years go when I was getting misfires. After being told by absolutely everyone I took it to that the injectors couldn't be the problem, it turned out to be the injector on cyl 6.

Once that was fixed there were no other problems until last week when the auto transmission went. Specifically third gear. It went into limp mode and only shifted up to second gear for a few miles as I took it straight to the shop.

The transmission is toast. The clutches are burnt and coned. Transmission guy told me he has seen several of this model of transmission, but none so badly worn/burnt.

Another ~$3500 and it will have a heavy duty clutch pack and it'll be back on the road.

Quick Reply: Just Completed: Ripp Supercharger install!!