Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just Completed: Ripp Supercharger install!!

Old 06-22-2018, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

That's good to know. Thanks for the update.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerryc
... when the auto transmission went. Specifically third gear. It went into limp mode and only shifted up to second gear for a few miles as I took it straight to the shop.

The transmission is toast. The clutches are burnt and coned. Transmission guy told me he has seen several of this model of transmission, but none so badly worn/burnt.....
Same with mine. I have a 2009 and installed the RIPP a little over 2 years ago. Fried the 2nd gear clutch. Transmission guy said almost the same thing. These are weak transmissions. All rebuilt now and as strong as ever.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the update. I have seen so many folks running a supercharger lately on the trails.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a RIPP on my 07. Worked well for me, but I found that I didn't get much low end out of it. The guy I sold the Jeep to blew the supercharger within a week. I installed a Sprintex on my '14 this year and I'm really liking it. Took two days to install in my garage, but totally worth it.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys who burned out the 2nd and 3rd gear is that in manual or auto trans? Sorry for the dumb question. Really looking to getting a Ripp SC.

Quick Reply: Just Completed: Ripp Supercharger install!!