Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Kentrol Mechanical Hood Catch Kit

Old 07-15-2018, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kentrol Mechanical Hood Catch Kit Paint Peeled out of the box

So i bought Kentrol Mechanical Hood Catch Kit from quadratec and this how i received them after opening the box paint peeled and while in their video state that they are Made in USA in the box says Made In China. ( Just an edit its not mentioned in their video my bad i posted a pic of their instagram account why i thought its made in USA ) just posting so u guys make sure you don't get fooled as i would've returned them if i didn't ship them to my address in dubai.

Kentrol 80704 Mechanical Hood Catch Kit for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK Paint Peeled

Last edited by JEAN B; 07-17-2018 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Correcting info
Old 07-16-2018, 08:05 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Originally Posted by JEAN B
while in their video state that they are Made in USA in the box says Made In China.
Where is the video that says they're made in the USA? Looking at the product on the Q page and don't see that anywhere unless I'm missing it. I also don't see it saying that on Kentrol's website, or the video on their website. Maybe I overlooked it. Mainly curious if it was a quadratec video, or a kentrol video. If it was a quadratec thing, I'd think there's definitely a legit complaint about that......but if it's not theirs, then I don't think you can expect a retailer to be responsible for something like that.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

my bad for some reason i thought they said its from USA but it was about something else in the conversation was kinda misleading the video anyway i fixed it with truck bed liner spray to keep the same texture it shows a bit shiny as it was not dry yet but now its not noticeable , over all they are really good and no hood flutter at all

Old 07-17-2018, 01:10 AM
JK Newbie

Actually i remember why i thought they are made in USA heres what they have on their instagram BIO so when u read that they manufactures and distributes and u have american address u gonna think their products are made in USA or else should be mentioned that they are designed in USA but made in China
Old 07-17-2018, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Nope... disagree with you. Lots of companies are based in the US and sell products made elsewhere.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:25 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Agree with jedg. Almost all these companies are going to have a US address. Unless they specifically advertised they products are produced in the US, safe to assume otherwise. Smittybilt is a good example. They have a US address, manufacture and sell Jeep products, but everyone knows products are coming from China.

That said, Kentrol does go out of their way to say they inspect every item for quality. It was either in the video or on their website....can't recall, though I noted them saying that as there's no way your item received could have been inspected and passed. That didn't look like damage during shipping; however, it's seldom worth the hassle......often like going to a dealership.....and your solution looks decent.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

yeah your right guys i should've dig more about it but quadratec was kind enough to send me back 25$ for defected items which is pretty good from them
Old 07-18-2018, 08:30 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by JEAN B
yeah your right guys i should've dig more about it but quadratec was kind enough to send me back 25$ for defected items which is pretty good from them
Hard to argue with that customer service.

Quick Reply: Kentrol Mechanical Hood Catch Kit