Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Length of bump stop mount

Old 06-06-2017, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Length of bump stop mount

Need help!
I previously installed crappy TF bumps and they fell apart...
Now I got King bump stops and I'm trying to find out how many inches do I have to cut of the bump mount. Because measurements in TF instructions are from the top (3.5") and Kings measurements are from the bottom(4").
Now I don't know how many inches I already cutted off from the bottom, and how many more do I have to cut, o don't...
Can somebody please help me with that?!
Old 06-06-2017, 11:05 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

You set bump stops depending on your suspension set up, tire size, and shock length. there is no answer for what you ask without knowing that stuff.
Its best to articulate your suspension and determine where they need to be to prevent tire rubbing and full shock compression.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You set bump stops depending on your suspension set up, tire size, and shock length. there is no answer for what you ask without knowing that stuff.
Its best to articulate your suspension and determine where they need to be to prevent tire rubbing and full shock compression.
I know that. And I will do it by adding spacers, packs etc.... But I am asking about the length of the MOUNT.
It's bot depends of suspension, tires and shocks.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:32 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Maybe there is a language thing going on but I have no Idea what you are talking about. What model of king bump stops are you using and photos of where you are putting or calling the mount might help.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Get with it Dirtman, he want to know about adding spacers and packs to his bot. Nobody knows that better than you, please explain.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I assume you are replacing the teraflex speed bumps with kings JK threaded body bump stops that fit in the front factory bump location. This is not rocket science and I would leave as much of the factory mount there as possible and allow for a minimum of 1/2" of adjustment in the bump stop for fine tuning. Screw the adjuster rings to their max up and down, measure that and subtract 1/2" from that number. Cut the mount to a minimum of that number. Make up what else you need on the axle pad.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dahreno
Get with it Dirtman, he want to know about adding spacers and packs to his bot. Nobody knows that better than you, please explain.
Lol!!! Now that's funny
Old 06-16-2017, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I hope dirtman got my joke. He definitely explained it though ! lol
Old 06-17-2017, 06:43 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I got it. I would be nice to get a response for the OP if it helped or needed more info.

Quick Reply: Length of bump stop mount