JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Show & Tell (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/)
-   -   Lift is done, man do my hands hurt. (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/lift-done-man-do-my-hands-hurt-213874/)

Cobra69 01-15-2012 07:51 AM

Lift is done, man do my hands hurt.

Just finished installing the Rough Country 4" X series lift, Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizers, JKS quicker disconnects, JKS adjustable rear trac bar, 5 35"x12.50"x15" Goodyear Wrangler with Kevlar and 5 15"x8" Black Rock Viper 900B, straightened the steering wheel and bled the brakes last night.

Took about 8 hours off and on, couple of minor issues, but the directions are very clear and the jeep is so easy to work on. I will post some pics soon, it's about 9 degrees today.:eek2:

The ride is not too bad, it's a jeep, not expecting a lexus type ride.

Definitely alot better than it was.

Totally worth it in my opinion, if anyone has any questions or things that I found out about this kit as far as installation goes, feel free to PM me and I will help out anyway I can.

brink2177 01-15-2012 08:02 AM

Can't wait to see the pics! I can't believe you did that in 9 degree weather!

SWRUBI 01-15-2012 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cobra69 (Post 2790927)
Just finished installing the Rough Country 4" X series lift, Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizers, JKS quicker disconnects, JKS adjustable rear trac bar, 5 35"x12.50"x15" Goodyear Wrangler with Kevlar and 5 15"x8" Black Rock Viper 900B, straightened the steering wheel and bled the brakes last night.

Took about 8 hours off and on, couple of minor issues, but the directions are very clear and the jeep is so easy to work on. I will post some pics soon, it's about 9 degrees today.:eek2:

Totally worth it in my opinion, if anyone has any questions or things that I found out about this kit as far as installation goes, feel free to PM me and I will help out anyway I can.

Any word of advise on installing the JKS trac bar? Doing mine later today after installing my OME lift Friday night. Overall, very happy with the outcome and ride and that is without the trac bars installed at this point! Did you measure both sides (say 19" & 20") and take the difference (1") and adjust your bar by half that measurement (.5")? Thanks!

brink2177 01-15-2012 08:28 AM

I just did the OME lift with the JKS rear adjustable track bar about a month ago. I used this write up, and it was pretty easy to adjust once I figured out how to take the measurements.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

SWRUBI 01-15-2012 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by brink2177 (Post 2790985)
I just did the OME lift with the JKS rear adjustable track bar about a month ago. I used this write up, and it was pretty easy to adjust once I figured out how to take the measurements.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

Thanks for the link!

Cobra69 01-15-2012 08:47 AM

Oh I didn't do it outside. I was in my 3 car garage with a propane heater on full blast. So warm I took off my shirt to keep from sweating to death.

I did the whole lift by myself with only someone to help bleed the brakes, that's including the rear trac bar. Just have to push the body over to get the trac bar installed, but it worked out fine.

King_ 01-15-2012 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cobra69 (Post 2790927)

Without pics...DIDN"T HAPPEN :rotflmao2:

LOL just joking, can't wait to see!

action.is.go 01-15-2012 09:17 AM

To the OP...Did the lift net you exactly 4" or did you get alittle more so when it settles you'll still have 4". Seriously considering oulling the trigger on this kit. The price is very attractive considering how complete it is. Post up some pics so we can see your handy work!

Cobra69 01-15-2012 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by action.is.go (Post 2791076)
To the OP...Did the lift net you exactly 4" or did you get alittle more so when it settles you'll still have 4". Seriously considering oulling the trigger on this kit. The price is very attractive considering how complete it is. Post up some pics so we can see your handy work!

The initial measurements came out to 20" give or take. The final came out to 25" give or take, but I'm sure it will settle some. Definitely happy with it. Rolled out of it last night and nearly broke my ankle after having it for stock for awhile.:doh:

delsol5 01-15-2012 01:35 PM

Awesome! I just got the pro comp 4" lift, and I was going to attempt to self install it this weekend but i'm too intimidated. I've never done suspension work before. Has anyone heard anything in regards to the 4" ProComp lifts quality/ride wise? I'd hate to finally try this and end up putting a crappy lift on.

Post pics?