Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Looking for JK Unlimited build pics

Old 05-26-2014, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for JK Unlimited build pics

Whats good everyone and Happy Memorial Day!

I currently drive a fully stock '07 Wrangler Unlimited X but I'm wanting to make some modifications this summer to make it look a bit bigger and more balanced without sacrificing the smooth drive from my stock build. I'm not an expert when it comes to Jeep modifications (or car modifications in general), so I'm looking for some advice and/or builds that I might want to mimic.

I'm thinking my plan is to add some 33s (at the moment I can't afford to buy new wheels so I will be putting the 33s on the standard stock wheels) and a 2.5" or 3" budget boost. If any of you have a build similar to this on a Wrangler Unlimited, please post pictures here! What I'm mainly looking for is to see how 33s and a suspension lift look on the stock wheels to decide if I like the look enough to go ahead and do the mods now or wait till I have enough $$ for new wheels too.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for lower-priced modifications to add size/beefiness/balance/handling/style/etc., please feel free to share info/pics as well!

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2014, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

If I had to pick one of the most important lessons I have learned while owning a Jeep it would be to go big or go home. Don't waste your time and money buying cheap parts or little lifts if that is all you can afford at the moment You will spend 2-3 times the money buying what you can, instead of waiting and just buying what you want. Wait a little while and buy what will get you to your final dream rig, instead of spending money to add little mods that will go in the trash in a year or so. I know it is hard to resist the urge to hit the trails ASAP but hold off for a little while and your wallet will thank you. Happy wheelin' my friend.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They're are plenty of show off threads on the forum, take a couple hours and look through them and see what you like. Here are a couple to get you started. You can fit 33s with no lift. Be realistic in what you want, have a plan in mind and research, research, research before you buy. Just about every part/company known to Jeep JKs has been reviewed on the forum, so do yourself a favor and search around a bit.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...s-only-228144/

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...your-33s-9979/

Also, check out the FAQs and "My thoughts on lifts", lots of good info in there.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...bie-has-18617/

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/
Old 05-27-2014, 03:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

What the jeep started life to what it is now. Still have a long ways to go yet
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140527_072157.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	555863  
Old 05-27-2014, 06:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by brainforest
Whats good everyone and Happy Memorial Day!

I currently drive a fully stock '07 Wrangler Unlimited X but I'm wanting to make some modifications this summer to make it look a bit bigger and more balanced without sacrificing the smooth drive from my stock build. I'm not an expert when it comes to Jeep modifications (or car modifications in general), so I'm looking for some advice and/or builds that I might want to mimic.

I'm thinking my plan is to add some 33s (at the moment I can't afford to buy new wheels so I will be putting the 33s on the standard stock wheels) and a 2.5" or 3" budget boost. If any of you have a build similar to this on a Wrangler Unlimited, please post pictures here! What I'm mainly looking for is to see how 33s and a suspension lift look on the stock wheels to decide if I like the look enough to go ahead and do the mods now or wait till I have enough $$ for new wheels too.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for lower-priced modifications to add size/beefiness/balance/handling/style/etc., please feel free to share info/pics as well!

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: Looking for JK Unlimited build pics