JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Show & Tell (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/)
-   -   Looky what I saw at work!!!! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/looky-what-i-saw-work-20820/)

RevyJKU08 11-16-2007 08:48 PM

Looky what I saw at work!!!!

3 Attachment(s)
$50.00: Mule Deer Tag & Hunting Licence
$5.00 - Develop camera pictures of a Trophy Mule Deer "Wall Mounter"
PRICELESS: Forget your rifle at home during Mule deer season.
:eek2:

Attachment 4283

:eek2:
Attachment 4284

I was out in the field today doing some work and these 2 Buck's are just standing for me to take a few shots.....BUT with a CAMERA:rotflmao1:

I will be heading out in the AM with my 6 year old daugter & taking the JK and try and rattle and call this brute in! Hopefully the JK will bring some luck!

THIS PAST FALL:

I was heading out into the field for work in the AM and these guys were walking down the highway! Call them the "BC GANG"

Eco freak's think these things are going Extinct.....THINK NOT!!!!

Attachment 4282

Wouldn't want to mess with these lads!!!

kntr 11-16-2007 09:28 PM

I sure love BC

mikeyfl 11-16-2007 10:02 PM

that bear pic is crazy.

2K1TJ 11-17-2007 07:24 AM

Sweet pics, both the bucks and the bears!

Are those grizzlies?

It has to be fairly rare to see 4 of them at once.

Geeper4x4 11-17-2007 07:43 AM

I was not expecting those great shots!!! Wonderful pics of both.

RevyJKU08 11-17-2007 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ (Post 237608)
Are those grizzlies?

It has to be fairly rare to see 4 of them at once.

Yes, the bears are Grizzlies (Silvertip). It is quite rare to see 4 adult bears especially cruising down the highway!!!. However, I know a few drainages within our forest licence, I have actually seen a few sow grizzlies with 3 cubs.

RevyJKU08 11-17-2007 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Geeper4x4 (Post 237630)
I was not expecting those great shots!!! Wonderful pics of both.

Thanks.....the bears I was kinda glad I was in a truck......It would be a little nerve racking if I came up on them with the JK with no top or doors!!!!

RevyJKU08 11-17-2007 01:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, I did not see that monster mule deer buck today with my daughter.

However, my daughter helped call in this nice White-tail buck today. She was using the bleet call (Quaker Boy) with a little help from me rattling and using the grunt call.....We got this buck within 15 yards of your ground blind. My little girl was just thrilled about getting this deer and was thrilled at how big it was 5x6 (11pointer).

Attachment 4305

Bummer is he snapped off his G4 looks like there is another big buck around.
Attachment 4306

Funny thing was after we got this deer in the Jeep and started heading home this bad boy stepped out on a farmers field! (below) We figured it was about 8x9 (17pointer)! My daughter wanted to shot this one too!! Had to explain we only had one tag for a white-tail buck!

Attachment 4304

So, it will be Bambi Steaks, Sausages & hamburger for the family this year! Wife was not pleased with a dead deer in the back of our week old Jeep!

gold knight 11-17-2007 01:19 PM

Very nice indeed;) A family friend runs a mail route in northern Dawson County (GA) and he had a brown bear cub come out in front of the mail car, and immediatly behind was mom! She stood up on her hind legs directly at his drivers window. Scared the crap out of him. When he got home the first thing his dad asked was "Didn't you get a picture?" I'll show him this one, kinda puts the little brown bear in perspective.

I posted this reply and somehow didn't even see the pic's of the white tail you got together. I can't say my wife would have been that happy either, but once the freezer is filled, kinda smooths things over a little.

RevyJKU08 11-17-2007 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by gold knight (Post 237762)
Very nice indeed;) A family friend runs a mail route in northern Dawson County (GA) and he had a brown bear cub come out in front of the mail car, and immediatly behind was mom! She stood up on her hind legs directly at his drivers window. Scared the crap out of him. When he got home the first thing his dad asked was "Didn't you get a picture?" I'll show him this one, kinda puts the little brown bear in perspective.

That is really the last thing you think about is taking a picture when you see a bear.....instinct is let's get outta dodge!! With the 4 Grizzlies I happen to have the camera handy and they were not looking to aggressive!