Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

M100 Trailer Build

Old 01-03-2015, 07:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be following this! I recently picked up a M100 as well but wont be able to work on it until summer time. Any info would be beneficial
Old 01-07-2015, 08:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts and specs

I'll post all parts and dimensions of stuff i choose to add. Right now it's looking like I'll upgrade the axle to 3500 lbs and I'll have a parking brake system that is compatible with levered actuator already on the trailer. i'm sure you'll use different vendors in CAN, so I'll try to post the specs as best I can.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Default M100 Lunette/Casting/Landing Leg assemly available

I have the whole coupler assembly available for sale ready to be bolted onto an M100 for M416. I'm deciding whether it's better to sell it as a unit or part it out. Any thoughts?
Old 01-11-2015, 06:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the taper of the Lunette where it goes into the cast bracket is unique to the M100. Also, the 416 cast bracket has 2 locations for the lunette eye, the M100 has one . The whole unit might bolt to the 416 v frame, but the individual parts are unique to M100, I believe.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Default Good information on the lunette set up

Fourlow,
Thanks for information. I was handed the whole lunette/casting/landing leg assembly as part of the trailer sale. It has two positions on the casting for the lunette ring. Based on your information, I suspect the previous owner handed me a M416 assembly. There's a lot of conflicting information regarding the interchangeability of M100/M416 parts. Has anyone out there used a two position M416 casting on an M100 trailer? If the casting fits, the rest is incidental.

Thanks again Fourlow.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dual position 416 assembly will bolt to the M100 . I have done this, and it fits/works fine.
The 416 trailer looks similar to the M100, they share hand brake components, but there are some important differences. The 416 is later production,; the immediate visual difference are the squared-off fenders, dual position lunette , wheels ( same bolt pattern, but different back spacing, hub inner diameter. Wheels have lightening holes)
The 416 is 4" wider, axle reflects this. The 416 tub is bolted together, and bolts to the frame, as do spring hangers.
The earlier M100, is welded to frame, like its predecessor, the MBT.
The 416 is stronger, modular. The M100 is desirable to collectors, being correct for M38, M38A1s.
The 416 went behind M151s, whatever could tow them. The wheels are not interchangeable between jeep, M100, and 416, M151 due to offset and smaller hub id of of 416, M151s wheels.
Hope this helps , a great website that covers everything is " G503 ".
Old 01-13-2015, 01:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubi55
Order the whole axel brand new. Measure the overall distance and call it in. Axel comes with new bearings

Attachment 590091

and was cheaper than adapters when I was building mine
Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
I went ahead and ordered an axle today that is a match for the jeep. Should be here in a couple weeks, Axle company is backed up right now
Where did you guys order your trailer axles from? I'm considering a new axle for my trailer.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

I'm on several forums related to this project. There's a lot of conflicting information regarding M100/BantamT3C/M416 part compatibilities. I've done a little internet research including various forums, supplier websites, ebay, craigslist, et al. Parted out to private parties, the assembly would bring around $585 (I couldn't upload pictures here, check ih8mud forum for photo, same username). I'm asking $450 cash, you pick it up and part out what you don't need. That way, you can confirm it's the right unit before paying and that's best for everyone. You get what you expect and my reputation as an honest person remains intact. If you want it shipped without personally inspecting it, we can talk, but the risk is all yours.

Once the coupler is sold and I use that money to change my axle, I'll be dumping the complete axle w/wheels and suspension (drums/brakes/rims tires/springs). Parted out it would draw about $750-$1000 ( depending on where you're located; these things are scarce to come by), I'll be looking to get $600.

For whatever it's worth, when I purchased this trailer in the fall, I pulled it about 90 miles at 65-75 mph on the interstate with several turns in residential areas before getting it home. Didn't even know it was back there, pulled like a dream, no noise, no sway, no bounce and hubs/axle were nice and cool when I parked it. It was empty except for the coupler assembly.

If you want it all (axle and lunette assembly), I'll take $900 for both; but, I'll need to get the new axle on, before giving up the old.

Anyone who's interested should PM me.
Old 01-17-2015, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jckid
Where did you guys order your trailer axles from? I'm considering a new axle for my trailer.
I ordered mine from a local trailer dealer, I get s family discount there since my mom works for them, haven't received the axle yet so I'm not sure what brand it is
Old 01-23-2015, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Default Axle Dimensions

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
I went ahead and ordered an axle today that is a match for the jeep. Should be here in a couple weeks, Axle company is backed up right now
Can you shoot me the axle dimensions you ordered and what size tire you're running on the trailer? I'm going to use 255 75R17s and I think a 52-in H2H axle will get the job done, but, I'm not sure (I'm just not experienced with this sort of thing. I'm also going with the surge brakes and hand-lever actuated parking break.

Quick Reply: M100 Trailer Build