Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

M100 Trailer Build

Old 01-23-2015, 07:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I measured the stock axle and got 66.5" so I ordered an axle that size my trailer will be the same width as my jeep and on almost the same tire. Tire difference is jeep is on 17's but trailer is on 18's I couldn't pass up the deal on the 18's though
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3601797779.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	593365  
Old 01-24-2015, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Default Gracias Senior

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
I measured the stock axle and got 66.5" so I ordered an axle that size my trailer will be the same width as my jeep and on almost the same tire. Tire difference is jeep is on 17's but trailer is on 18's I couldn't pass up the deal on the 18's though
So you decided to match the track of your jeep rather than stay closer to the original axle trailer width. Is there a functional reason to match track, or is that a personal preference?
Old 01-24-2015, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

The track width on my fiberglass military replica trailer is basically the same as my Jeep, and I typically run Jeep-sized wheels and tires on it. You might want to consider wider fenders, with the stock M100 fenders and that track width/tire size the tires will stick out quite a bit past the original fenders.

Wider fenders (13") are available in both M100 and M416 styles, I've used both on my trailer...

Old 01-24-2015, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Default Good call jscherb, thanks for the input

Originally Posted by jscherb
The track width on my fiberglass military replica trailer is basically the same as my Jeep, and I typically run Jeep-sized wheels and tires on it. You might want to consider wider fenders, with the stock M100 fenders and that track width/tire size the tires will stick out quite a bit past the original fenders.

Wider fenders (13") are available in both M100 and M416 styles, I've used both on my trailer...

I'm counting on having to replace or extend the fenders. BTW, I've seen a lot of your stuff on the internet. Nice Work.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MNGEO
So you decided to match the track of your jeep rather than stay closer to the original axle trailer width. Is there a functional reason to match track, or is that a personal preference?
For what I will use the trailer for its functional, also personal preference though, I like the look of the trailer matching the track width of the jeep plus it keeps the trailer in the jeeps tracks on the beach in soft sand.
Old 01-24-2015, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Default good points to consider for the mud and muck in MN

Originally Posted by Baddkarmaracing
For what I will use the trailer for its functional, also personal preference though, I like the look of the trailer matching the track width of the jeep plus it keeps the trailer in the jeeps tracks on the beach in soft sand.
as stated above, good thoughts for Mud and Muck of MN

Quick Reply: M100 Trailer Build