Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Maertz's Half Ass Build Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 04:45 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jp3792
Hey mer. Did you run into any issues comp cutting your jeep? Like fuel lines? Iv been debating it.
It really didn't take long. Getting the fuel lines out from behind the bod and moving the fill spot when i still had the stock tank took a bit. I ended disconnecting a lot of the lines to get them out. Removing a couple body mounts to raise the tub would have probably been alot easier.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:29 AM
JK Jedi

Ringer or dirtman what gauge sheetmetal did you use to fill in the tub where you cut it? I literally have never done any sheetmetal work and alot of the local guys here that do on there cars say it can be a pain.. Ill have to start looking into this soon.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the floor I used 11ga. For the fender shock covers I used 16ga. I want someone to be able to walk on it without worrying.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Jedi

thank you sir i appreciate it. ill have to get some coming in and see how it goes lol
Old 07-24-2014, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Maertz, what are you using for a tubing bender? I'm debating my options as I'm planning on building a rear bumper and other goodies.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:15 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by AaronJK
Maertz, what are you using for a tubing bender? I'm debating my options as I'm planning on building a rear bumper and other goodies.

My neighbor has this in his backyard and i can use it whenever.

Manual Tube Bender RDB-050 | Baileigh Industrial

Its actually a pretty nice set up, he has the bend-tech software to and that bender is in the sotware so you can calibrate it and it tells you exactly how to do everything, its a pretty bad ass set up. I think his only regret is not going hydraulic. Also the degree measurement is kind of cheap, but its dead on once set.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

Holy crap lol. That's sweet. My neighbor just has a bunch of trash in his back yard.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz

My neighbor has this in his backyard and i can use it whenever.

Manual Tube Bender RDB-050 | Baileigh Industrial

Its actually a pretty nice set up, he has the bend-tech software to and that bender is in the sotware so you can calibrate it and it tells you exactly how to do everything, its a pretty bad ass set up. I think his only regret is not going hydraulic. Also the degree measurement is kind of cheap, but its dead on once set.
Man you just get all the goodies. ...lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using JK-Forum
Old 07-24-2014, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

It's like the real estate people say... location, location, location.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

The key with any bender is the cost and availability of the dies. I ended up with a JD2 model 32 and the Swag hydro kit. Dirtman has a M32 as well. Be prepared to drop coin on the dies. If you watch Pirate you can find some used ones.