Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Maertz's Half Ass Build Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 08:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OMG! Its a beast!!! I love it! Well done sir, well done!
Old 08-04-2014, 03:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Under 40k miles and she's all hacked to shit. I LOVE IT!
Old 08-04-2014, 04:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol thanks guys!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

She's alive! Name:  triple.gif
Views: 289
Size:  2.8 KB
Old 08-04-2014, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well done! I'm sure you are chomping at the bit to get it out and run it!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:37 AM
JK Jedi

Tons of dash lights.. People said i can run no evap as the evap doesn't cycle when it shows no gas. I have a cel for that. Also one for the fuel level sensor. Carolina truggies claims they dont have either light and have the same set up. Also cut out the parking brake and have that light. Not sure how that one works. Abs esp and bas and such im assuming are from my sensors not all being hooked up on the wheel speed sensors. Not sure if its possible to get the gas light off either. It doesnt appear the sending units are the same range so using the stock gauge will not work. Abendx you got all these lights on?
Old 08-04-2014, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
Tons of dash lights.. People said i can run no evap as the evap doesn't cycle when it shows no gas. I have a cel for that. Also one for the fuel level sensor. Carolina truggies claims they dont have either light and have the same set up. Also cut out the parking brake and have that light. Not sure how that one works. Abs esp and bas and such im assuming are from my sensors not all being hooked up on the wheel speed sensors. Not sure if its possible to get the gas light off either. It doesnt appear the sending units are the same range so using the stock gauge will not work. Abendx you got all these lights on?

Hmm

On mine....

* No evap. no codes thrown.
* Fuel sender gave me fits. I utilized the stock sender/pump in the GR tank, which required mild modification. After a second complete tear down and rewire of the sender/pump, it worked fine. So I must have crossed a wire or missed a connection the first time? Then levels were way off and it took a few reseats to get that working fairly well, yet I still can't get it perfect? It doesn't look like you are using the stock sending unit and I am, so I am not sure if that has anything to do with why I didn't have codes once my wiring was right?
* Parking brake is easy.... get out that hanging wire and complete the circuit to ground.
* I pulled everything related to safety systems, so I can't help you. One day I plan on taking the dash out and neutralizing those lamps. I can make a write up for you if it would help? Name:  thefinger.gif
Views: 455
Size:  986 Bytes
* Gas light... as in low fuel? Mine is only on when I have low fuel.... but I am pretty sure you figured out why.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:19 AM
JK Jedi

Ha a write up would be great but only if it has all steps no skipping... Well at least ill fix the parking brake and that light is red so it wont look as angry after...

On a side note anyone have experience with external pumps? This ones loud as shit in the cab... No biggie just curious if its normal.

Side note ordered rims 17x9 with 3.5 bs... Also got 4 39.5 irocks about 5o percent tread to get me by. Hopefully installing thus weekend... And doing gears sii i can drive this pile.

Last edited by Maertz; 08-04-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:37 AM
JK Freak

Mine sits about 30 inches behind me, in the tank, and I can easily hear the pump.

And... you'll have to check once you have them, but I'm guessing you'll need a spacer on those hubs. I run 1.5 and rub still.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran a similar Walbro external pump on my rail buggy. It was loud, even with a turbo and 1' long exhaust.