Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Maertz's Half Ass Build Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maertz
well front is standing on its own.. this is with the 37s on that measure about 36"

This is about 2-2.5" lift if I am guessing correctly... At this point theres 3" uptravel. I will probably raise it up to about 4-4.5" lift and have about 5" uptravel.

Few thing i noticed is my shocks are going to hit frame im sure of it, but not sure how much yet. I will see if I can notch the frame or if i may have to redo the mounts a little. I want to get it driveable then fine tune the rest.

Rear is next and will be a challenge there is not much room at all to work with....
Maertz's

Very interesting!
You guys are spinning my head with all this geometry . I thought installing my Hemi was tuff . I'll have to pull out my 9th grade books to install Dana 60's! I have to drive 1300 miles to do my playing ; will this thing drive 85mph across country?

GW in little rock
Old 06-07-2016, 06:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GW in little rock

Maertz's

Very interesting!
You guys are spinning my head with all this geometry . I thought installing my Hemi was tuff . I'll have to pull out my 9th grade books to install Dana 60's! I have to drive 1300 miles to do my playing ; will this thing drive 85mph across country?

GW in little rock
At this point if i was going 1300 miles id trailer it. I drive it 60 on highways about a hundred miles out but avoid freeways and long trips... If i were to do it again id build a buggy.. Maybe make a 4 door into a brute double cab as my tow rig.. We can all dream right? Haha
Old 06-07-2016, 07:07 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Not sure why anyone would want to drive one of these across country. Driving on 40's everyday really is not that enjoyable and with the stretch the turn radius goes out the window. It is a pain to park and visibility on low stuff like curbs sucks. These things are built to drive very slow over large things and drive fast over really rough surfaces.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
It is a pain to park and visibility on low stuff like curbs sucks.
What are curbs when you are on 40s?
Old 06-07-2016, 07:57 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Not sure why anyone would want to drive one of these across country. Driving on 40's everyday really is not that enjoyable and with the stretch the turn radius goes out the window. It is a pain to park and visibility on low stuff like curbs sucks. These things are built to drive very slow over large things and drive fast over really rough surfaces.
Agreed 35s is plenty and i did tons of pretty crazy shit on 35s just sucked i moved out to buggy land for awhile... Out here now 35s would have been way more practical
Old 06-08-2016, 07:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Too True, I find myself debating if I should have built a buggy instead as my 4-door suffers with all of the weight of a JK, in addition, I will avoid the extreme stuff just because I don't want to inflict any body damage. Also, driving it on the highway just isn't as comfortable as when it was riding on 35's. I do feel the bumps more. I don't have the same issue with the turning radius because I have the super 60 and it has 10 more degree's of turning. So I have a tighter turning radius than a stock 4-door.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:20 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
Too True, I find myself debating if I should have built a buggy instead as my 4-door suffers with all of the weight of a JK, in addition, I will avoid the extreme stuff just because I don't want to inflict any body damage. Also, driving it on the highway just isn't as comfortable as when it was riding on 35's. I do feel the bumps more. I don't have the same issue with the turning radius because I have the super 60 and it has 10 more degree's of turning. So I have a tighter turning radius than a stock 4-door.

agreed some of these 4 doors are pushing like 6500 lbs and have limitations. i have seen ultra 4 buggies (4400lbs) going for 20 grand used and some in the 40 to 50k new.. they are way lighter less limitations and come with d60s and ls motors and such as well as coilovers/bypass/gps and tons more... Doing what we did is something I have pride in but still....
Old 06-08-2016, 10:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GW in little rock
Maertz's Very interesting! You guys are spinning my head with all this geometry . I thought installing my Hemi was tuff . I'll have to pull out my 9th grade books to install Dana 60's! I have to drive 1300 miles to do my playing ; will this thing drive 85mph across country? GW in little rock
You have an offroad park right in your town. And others way less the 1300 miles away. Lol
Old 06-09-2016, 02:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
You have an offroad park right in your town. And others way less the 1300 miles away. Lol
Lol ..........
Old 06-09-2016, 05:40 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny

Used to... I moved back home and now all this thing does is get groceries lol. It sucks but i want to move back out somewhere with better wheeling.